Test watchfaces

I have a test watchface that like the name says - I use for testing various elements and tags when designing. I went back today to a post i made in an earlier topic in order to see how i resolved a problem i was having at the time and where I had posted my test watchface. I saw that the watchface was showing the latest test i had made and not the test related to the question in the original post!
As far as I can see what this means that a watchbox is not private if you have posted a link to a watchface here. When I think about it - it probably has to work that way. Persons posting links to their pride and joy watchface here should be made aware that if you update it creator it will also be updated in the post.
It’s no big problem if you know about it and i can see now why the mega experts here have so many test faces.

3 Likes

lmao I understand completely what you’re saying there, and yes, if you update any Face, it will automatically be updated everywhere; except for on a Watch, if that Face has never been changed.

2 Likes

Some time a WIP on the Community can be very confusing as it is changing all the time. Often causing confusion not clarity :::)))

2 Likes

This is the reason why I often only post pictures in WIP at first.
And often the release is just a copy of the actual working file.
Whenever I make big changes, I often make a copy beforehand.
To test various functions I either use the working file from the current project or I use test faces which I never post.
This way I avoid that changes from other projects are displayed in topics of new ideas.

1 Like

If you share a link to a published watchface it will not show changes made in Creator until you publish/update it again with changes.

If you share a link to a watchface from Creator then the latest version will be shown.

1 Like

The problem arises when pasting a link here in the community to a WIP/draft in creator. When the WIP/draft is updated it updates it the community too which can be confusing.

1 Like

That’s right.
That’s why I post links relatively late in the development process.

2 Likes