The Doofenshmirtz wall clock

Doofenshmirtz has a new clock, and now he doesn’t need his tiny little watch he can’t read. Look how happy he is!

it’s a little dodgy but I like it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hey . Well done . I have only one thing to say Battery Gauge . :+1::joy:

1 Like

A wall clock with a battery gauge? sacriliage! lol

2 Likes

Yup . Do something Abstract round the Cuckoo Nest Hole . I will help if I can .

1 Like

too easy, I’ll make a duplicate one with a gauge. if you would like to come up with a design.

2 Likes

It will be my pleasure . I will make a Test Dummy .
Just an Idea .
Don’t let me push you around .
I would shadow your dial and hands to get some depth . But your Watch Your way . These faces are very Popular . There are so many of the others . Well done .
BTW you will see I never use the default background an I never use progress bars . You can do more with Shape Arcs .

. .

1 Like

oh that’s good, I like that!
I had just woken up an hour ago, and had come up a concept using perry the platypus, and his tail as the guage, but I have no Idea how to rotate to the tail to match the battery level, I’ve updated the image with perry and his tail if you want to have a look.

2 Likes

Pleasure . I will have a look . Easier if you post the resources but I can pull them out the back of the Face .
See I have modified the WIP TEST . You need in this case to get the pivot point of your tail into the centre of the image .

download (5)

download (3)

1 Like

I’ve added your work to the original, but changed the colours, as I found it hard to see on the watch. still working on perry in the mean time, I wound up anchoring the tail point in the corner, after condensing the width and height, but I’m having a hell of a time, getting the tail to stop at the right place!

1 Like

Yes .I did not expect you to keep the colours used . Getting the tail to end up in the right place is not that easy . You need to know two angles . Where it starts around the face and the angle it travels .
I actualy use #DWFHS# in the Rotation Field of the image and the Time Machine slider to simulate the action . You can make a note of the angles at this stage .
(((((#BLN#)/100)*60))-50)
So in this formula 60 is the angle of travel and 50 is the Start angle .
I hope this helps . Well Don grabbing the Idea of getting the pivot point correct . I always work on a Square Image template for everthing . I have a few grids to help me centr stuff .
Sorry about our different sleep times .

I’ll never fully understand these formulas, numbers and figures are my weak points. no worries on the sleep patterns!
this works brilliantly, thank you so much!

1 Like

Any time . Do not be afraid to ask for help . You will find many here take a pride in it . Many use the Peters Perfectly Descriptive Mathematics Formulas . It is great to try explain how these things work . Once you have a good understanding of some of the building blocks you will find it a bit easier .Sometimes a careful description of the Question point towards the answer . Sadly the variables are not always angles . Some times it is a fraction and often an XY coordinate . There is no rush we will all be here for some Time .