The stupidest robot

Hello friends… There is nothing worse than designing for hours and days, checking every aspect of the watch face so that whoever syncs it can enjoy it, that too for free, but the stupid Facer bot deletes it and says that it is copyrighted. do you think my design is similar to the Fossil brand? Facer’s automatic message says to have a good day after the mess it made :face_vomiting::face_vomiting:
all my design in Figma,Without any copy

5 Likes

the bot doesn’t catch graphics, it catches words used in the title or description. There’s a thread here in the forums all about which words to avoid. But either way, send Facer an appeal and they will restore it for you. But then just double check your title/description before publishing again. Some of the words that get flagged are pretty generic.

7 Likes

Do you recall what words you used?

And yes, as @kvansant said, raise a ticket with Facer asking for recovering the face and an explanation why.

banned words; here

… always good to make a copy before publishing …

6 Likes

Thank you Dear friend. i think i used a the word Fossil in the tags.

3 Likes

Hi… it was Fossil… :thinking:

3 Likes

Many times they removed my designs, they did not take any action after requesting a review.

2 Likes

Did you mean to mention that brand, or was it a misstyped fosil?
Rather do not mention other brands on Facer pages, no matter of context, even if you are comparing apples with pears.

4 Likes

I only mentioned the name of the Fossil in the tags section

2 Likes

Any Text any where in the work . I used a font called Swatch something in a face and it was Taken Down .

2 Likes

But why would you do that? Is your face somehow related to it?

3 Likes

I tagged it just so that Fossil users can also sync

1 Like

I think that I will not put any more tags :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Keep your Tags Generic . Better Chance of picking up a search term .

4 Likes

Yes exactly.thanks

2 Likes

I will go you one better. I made a watchface once with the #ZMANU# tag which displays the brand of watch it is synced to. I happened to have the image to use as the placeholder of the watchface as a Fossil and the face displayed Fossil. I lost that watchface just because it said Fossil inside the watchface and Marvin (bot) was able to read that and deleted the watchface. I republished the face and had the image set to TicWatch with no other changes and it’s still online to date. Fossil is VERY defensive of it’s brand!

6 Likes

Thanks for your guidance :clap:

3 Likes

The robot is not stupid. Quite the contrary. It has to be sensitive because people don’t follow rules. It’s a fact of life. Restrictions/automated filters have to be broad because people try to circumvent them. Unfortunately, we suffer because of it.

2 Likes

We’ve all been there. Try to remember to make a copy before publishing.
I often forget to do so and then I’m hoping I did everything right.

Most of my descriptions have a note: Tested on Samsung watch4 and watch5.
Never had problems or deletations because of it.

3 Likes

Yes . Contradicting Is it not .

2 Likes

This is absolutely true. But I saw many designs of Casio brand. How did they allow them to publish. While I put a wrong tag.

1 Like