Themes & Color Customization

I got excited when I paid for the Pro version because I wanted to use the Themes & Color Customization

But I’m slightly disappointed as the actual colours I wanted can’t be pre-defined by me.
That’s to say, there’s a single default colour, but all others chosen by the user are of a pre-set base set (i.e. absolute red, green, blue etc)

Maybe my expectations are too high, or being fussy in wanting certain RGB/Hex colours.
But is there not an option in Themes to set your own set of colours? - which is what I’d hoped for!

PS, I can’t create a topic in ‘Feature requests’ which is where I was going to ask if this can be added if not.

1 Like

Unfortunately that is the easiest way to offer users a lot of colors. If you want to create a palette of your own, you need to use VAR functions. LMK if you need help.

2 Likes

@Astradyne The very Unique thing is you can set any colour you want in the preview using your camera But as @thomasfmal has said you can use a simple Var opacity thing to set your selection of colours . I have done a test and can not find the limit of the Var count . I think it is 64 bit so that could give you a choice of 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 colours . However most will agree with you that the Theme Colours are Shite . You have obviously spent a bit of time on another Planet .

1 Like

Thanks for the replies, @thomasfmal I don’t suppose you have an INSPECT face you can send me so I can dissect how to use VAR into the theme module? I appreciate you’ve offered to help.
I’m used to JS/JQuery, but this baffles me as I can’t see how to set a VAR value in the first place and the documentation is vague at best.

@russellcresser and yes, being on another planet at times opens your mind to the default colour palette on Facer not suitable for all :crazy_face:

If a VAR could be set to a set of values (e.g. 1,2 or 3), how would I got about setting HEX value to 1=#FF0000 say?

1 Like

Ha Ha @Astradyne . Since I am no longer a Pro it is not easy for me to do a test for you . If you get stuck I can Unearth a Template I saved . You can not do Hex colour Manipulation . All you can do is duplicate the element you want different colours and switch them on with Opacity or send them off Screen .
$#VAR_1#%4=2?100:0$
So your Tap Pad will keep counting but Modulo % will convert the count to a Cycle .
Sorry the syntax might be a bit out .
My memory is not that good .

1 Like

Im away from my computer, but Ill help you later today.

2 Likes

Im going to create a tutorial for this so that it’s easier to find for others. I’ll put a link here after I finish.

2 Likes

Perfect, it amazes me there’s so little detailed documentation on what is an amazing product.
Hopefully they can consider using your stuff as I can see a lot of contribution from yourself in these forums.

Here it is - Cge tutorial - custom colors - Watchface Design - FACER Community

3 Likes

Perfect!
Great tutorial, far more in depth than official documentation. Tested on my own face on various elements and works really well.
Thanks again mate.

1 Like