There is never an end to the worst

Everything was working fine, finally the step counter had been corrected and what does Facer do? A nice update (received on Thursday) and… one hole has been plugged, another one has been opened.
Yes, after the update if I turn on the watch with a Facer Face, the dial image only loads halfway (left half of the screen) or it loads completely but it is blocked. No data present and the time doesn’t even work. The only thing that works is long tap or triple tap to select another Facer face.
However, even reloading the face, or loading another one, the problem is the same. Among other things, after doing the triple tap, if I swipe from right to left to select a different face everything happens extremely slowly or jerkily. Before, scrolling was extremely fast and smooth.
Obviously it doesn’t happen with the original faces.
The only way I’ve found to solve the problem is, as usual, to load an original face and go back to Facer. Or, even better, do as @mrantisocialguy does by putting an original face before turning off the watch, turning it on and then switching to Facer. Furthermore, startup is much faster this way.
However, it is all extremely annoying. We can’t take it anymore.
I hope that @Facer_Official be aware of this latest bug and take action quickly. Among other things, I discovered that rebooting the watch or often switching from one face to another negatively affects the duration of the charge.

1 Like

How Sad . The last update 7.0.16_1105651 was good for me . I have actually detected another Power saving . If your display is split it is nothing directly to do with Facer . Is you watch Old now ? It is a little anoying but as a developer I have the minimum number of Faces I can on my watch . Often one I made on Facer and an ECO from WFS . The only thing I find slightly anoying is I get a flash of AOD on Wake . I only ever use AOD Testing . I think they tried to fix the Face not waking at the Sleep time .
Any way the point is to clear the Deck a Bit .
I think Facer changed gear and things are Improving . It is just very difficult for all watches .

1 Like

Hi @russellcresser

My watch is super new. More or less 3 months of life. It’s Galaxy Watch 6 Classic 47 mm. It’s not loaded with too many faces.
Not to contradict, but i rthink that is Facer’s fault. Before the update all was Ok, step counter included.
Have a nice weekend

1 Like

Ha Ha Sorry . My memory is my worst Enemy . Well hopefully your Topic Stimulates some responses from the Peeps or @Facer-Staff or @Facer_Official .
I will not do it here but if you want to try the Cache clearing Trick I will talk you through it DM .
Let us see if others have the same issue .
Yes a Great Weekend to you .
To continue . Did you try a Facer ECO . Google / WOS have recently placed restriction on the File size of Faces Published on the Store . I am wondering if this has tripped up Some or all Facer Faces . We are not offered any restrictions File size wise . I wonder if it is your Faces or all facer faces that is causing the Bug . The face I wear Every Day is near the Limit of what is sensible on facer . Quite the Biggest I have . It is working well I have to say .
Steps , HR , Weather , Motion detection ETC
The only thing I think is still broken is #Dsm# .

Hi Russel
Mhhhh….could be a particular face? May be.
I’ll try shutting off and on the watch with a different face. Good suggestion. Thanks
Have a nice evening
P.s. The incriminated face is a face of BSharp

1 Like

@russellcresser
Hi Russel. Thanks for your suggestion, I hadn’t thought of that. :thinking: I turned the watch off with a Facer face, different from the one that had given me the problem, I turned it back on and… everything worked fine.
Evidently the face I had before has some flaws.
Take care, thank you and… have a good Sunday :wink:

2 Likes

Cool. Great Sunday to you @diavo . Check your DMs . Can you post the link to the Face that caused problems . My Bet it is A Heavy Duty Job .

@russellcresser
Sorry Russel, DMs? What are them ? Excuse my ignorance :wink:
And yes, i will post the link as soon as i’ll go to my PC.
Take care :grinning:

1 Like

Direct Message my Friend :::)))

DM for direct message. You can have non-public conversation over this. Check under your messages.

@petruuccios @russellcresser
Sorry for my stupidity :wink:. I opened my messages, but i have no new messages.
This is the face that drived me mad
B# - Split Decision • Facer: the world’s largest watch face platform
Hi to all

1 Like

@diavo . I defiantly sent you a Direct message I just checked . I tried to post a PDF there but that did not work .

@diavo That B# @kvansant face is not Inspectable nor Can I Sync it , Because . I am sure he will be interested in any Bugs and also one of the few to do something about it .

hi Diavo, I’m not too clear on what the issue is exactly, but I do know that face shouldn’t have any inherent problems. I’ve worn it quite a bit with no issues. Every now and then I’ll sync a face and for whatever reason it doesn’t completely load on the watch. Rather than simply resync it I will delete that face off the watch first then try to sync it again. What kind of watch do you have?

1 Like

thanks for the heads up to this thread Russell !

1 Like

I don’t like to Invoke People Who I know are busy . Thanks for Coming Back .

@russellcresser Hi Russel
I can confirm that I have not received any private messages
Take care

1 Like

Hi @kvansant
Thanks for your response and your interest. The problem was just like you said. The face does not fully load when the watch is turned on.
I found 2 solutions to the problem. One, as you say, is to erase the face and reload it.
The other is to switch to a default Samsung face and go back to Facer.
This is the first time this has happened to me in years.
My Watch is a Galaxy Watch 6 Classic 47 mm updated with the latest update from a few days ago.
Facer, watch and smartphone, is also updated to the very latest version.
I’m an absolute fan of yours, I have a ton of your faces in my favorites that I rotate all the time and this is the first time I’ve had an issue.
Thanks again, take care

1 Like

I just got the GW6 Classic 47mm last week, such a great looking watch! I had a similar problem the very first time I tried to get Facer on it. It seemed like the app completed the installation but the faces were missing a lot of layers. In this case what fixed it was to delete the app off the watch and start over. No problems since. So I guess if it’s just ONE face, probably can delete just that one face and resync it, but if it’s multiple faces then you’ve got to do it with the app. Glad it’s working out for you now, and enjoy that watch! Did you get silver or black? I got silver and it’s really almost perfect. I’d still rather the inside bezel be brushed silver with no markings instead of black with numbers, But otherwise, Samsung got it right :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thx @kvansant
Me too i have choosen the silver version of GW6.
On my opinion much more beautiful than the black one.
Fortunately the tiny ring with black marks don’t disturb me. :wink:
And the battery is not bad at all.
Now….waiting for 7. I hope in a Pro version in titanium.
Have a nice evening

1 Like