Thoughts And Opinions Again Please Guys

2 Likes

Cool, but the red on red is tough to read. Try the hands, time and date in white maybe? Or a bright orange like the fade from the arrows. The seconds are cool!

1 Like

Thanks Rator, I added a Glow to the Digital Time and Date to make them more visible, I was trying to keep everything Radically Red you see :grinning: After syncing to my Watch, I slowed the rotations down as well, and think it looks better now.

I hate to tell you this but adding glow to anything on a watch face will get you a bunch of comments from WearOS watch users. The comment will say something like “After I first synced your watch face it looked great, but after I’ve used it a while there is a ghost image of the time to the right and above the time. Can you fix it?” That was one of the big reasons I started using a cheap WearOS watch to test my faces on. I learned a lot about what works and don’t work on WearOS.

Anytime! However it still looks hard to read. You COULD keep everything red and just darken the rotating pattern (looks like bricks sort of) in the background. That would create more contrast and make the foreground elements stand out much better. You could also do white hands with red inserts or red hands with white tips or something to make the hands easier to read.

Sorry, i’m not trying to pick this apart, only chiming in cause you asked!

1 Like

Is the multiplying method for outline the text instead of stroke or glow also making trouble?
I do not have wearOS watch to test it.

1 Like

It is interesting design, and I am sorry to say it, but for some reason looking longer at the dial makes me feel dizzy.

No, if you double up the text and offset the lower layer in a shadow effect, that works perfect on WearOS. It’s only the Glow and Stroke Effects that are part of the Facer Creator that causes issues on WearOS. My test watch is a Fossil Q Explorist that was refurbished by Fossil. I got it on their website for $79 U.S. with free shipping. I have it paired with my old Moto X cellphone that I don’t use anymore except for that now. That allows me to have my current phone and watches on my other Facer account. That way whatever face I’m actually wearing, doesn’t show up on this account’s “Currently Wearing” section of my Facer home page. I also use my other account to make faces for myself that I don’t publish and can wear and change whenever I like. :grin:

1 Like

It’s an interesting design, I like the second hand effect, but I have to agree with @petruuccios, starring at the middle dial does make me feel a bit dizzy, but I still like it. :smile:

1 Like

WAY easier to read with the amber/orange text!

1 Like

Agreed :+1: