TicHealth overlay on screentap

Hi all, happy user of this great platform and all the amazing faces it provides. One small issue though. On my TicWatch Pro Ultra it’s difficult to use screen taps without it opening the TicHealth overlay screen. Some watchfase’s are more affected than others.
More people with this issue or any solution?
Thanks!

1 Like

Welcome @SoJoS . This is a Question for one of the Pros since I see your collection is Premium Faces at the moment . TickWatch presents us with some little Issues but they are all solvable . I suspect you will find the solution in the settings for your watch rather than a Facer Issue . I hope one of the tick watchers turns up soon . I know @alsx65 has a TickWatch .

2 Likes

Thanks, @russellcresser. It only happens with Facer Watchfase’s. I’ve checked my watch settings but can’t find anything that could cause this. Of course that doesn’t mean it’s something on my end. Weird thing is that TicHealth doesn’t even have overlay permission but still it pops up most of the time as such.

1 Like

Hi @SoJoS
I have a TicWatch Pro, but not sure I can follow what you mean. I do not seem to have any issues when tapping on the screen and launching apps.

2 Likes

I’ve owned two TicWatch brand watches, an E2 and a S2. Both died horrible battery deaths, but anyway. I’ve found that the TicWatch brand is very picky on a lot of things in Facer. It would not surprise me to find out that the AOD overlay is allowing the Facer touch points to work through it. If you are opening up the health app in some of your Facer watch faces you might check to make sure they are not active in AOD mode. Even with that you may end up having to push them offscreen when AOD starts just to cure the issue. I’m not sure how pervasive the touch points are in regard to TicWatch and their AOD overlay.

2 Likes

Thanks guys, I’ll investigate futher. If I come up with anything I’ll report back. Those battery failings sounds promising btw, yikes.

3 Likes

@SoJoS. The Facer Faces you are talking about will only respond to Taps in certain parts of the Face. Unfortuatly each Maker will have them in different places. I wonder if the TickWatch Taps can be any where on the Face or it has to be in a certain spot ?
However You Could.
Forget the Premium Faces. Get some of the Fabulous Free Faces. There are no screen taps on them. Some makers have even managed to get some interaction in .

4 Likes

Sounds like it could be that these faces have a tap hot spot to launch the watch’s native activity app. Maybe those tap areas are larger than they need to be, or simply in a prominent place on the face. Most premium designers include a guide showing where the tap spots are. You might also just comment in any one of those faces to ask the designer to check on the size of the hotspot areas. They can be set to any size by the designer.

4 Likes

It also happens when tapping on watchfaces which don’t have tappable functions. When clicking on a watchface which do sometimes the tap works but it’s behind the Ticwatch overlay screen.
Overall I find the tappable function quite finicky so maybe I should indeed let it be.
I’m just gonna try and enjoy al the beauty that’s available here. Men there’s a lot to choose from.

2 Likes

Now I’m wondering if the overlay screen is tappable like Samsung stock watch faces are. The Samsung Dashboard face has the ability to select which items you want in the four complication spots. They automatically become live links to that app on the watch. The overlay may be working the same way and is automatically a link to the heath app in the step count area. You might try touching just the step count and see if it regularly opens the health app or some other areas to see if something else opens.

1 Like