Time until a certain time

I am a beginner at this and it may be a easy solution but is it possible to have a countdown to a certain time?

For example, say the current time is 9:28:00 AM and I want to know the time until 9:30:00 AM I would like my watch to display 00:02:00 or 120 seconds (or both).

It would be a set time everyday.

1 Like

Hi, check this thread:
Countdown timer - #40 by gogsoman

3 Likes

You will have to go Premium if you want something setable. I can not tell you how to do it without making a Test of it. I can not do maths in my head. We should be able to give you a seconds count Down from 9:28 am to 9:30. You will not get any alarm. So the only thing that could happen is something flashing on you watch Face for period of time. May be even a little Sand Timer. Some know how to do that sort of thing. If you are still Intrested post again here and I could look at it later. We are going to see if there are any Bluebells still in the Woods.

2 Likes

Yes, that is all I need - no frills. Essentially, I work in television and would use it to get the seconds until the end of show.

No need to set it, since the out time is always the same.
For instance the 9am shows ends exactly at 9:58:26. So at 9:55:00 on the watchface ideally it would show:

9AM (9:58:26):
00:03:26 ā† This would be counting down

Any help would be appreciated.

2 Likes

OK. Cool. I used to make Effects for high speed filming on TV adverts. Different kind of Timing. Let me show you something later. I am a little confused but we will get there.

2 Likes

So this is where I am at the moment .
If you set the time machine to 9:27 am and run the time machine you will get to see the 120 sec count down .
I am aware that this is not exactly what you want but I am just sorting out the Modus Operandi at the moment .
I am actually quite pleased with myself .
It seem to me you are talking about a 3 minute ( 180 sec ) count down .
All I need to know is exactly how long the count down is and exactly when it is supposed to start.
Then we need to talk about some sort of alarm .

See inspectable test .
Let me know if you are not sure how to open it .

3 Likes

I was thinking more of always-on thing. So it would always display how long until 10:00:00AM (Really, 9:58:26, but to make it easier). So at 10:01:00 it would display something 23:59:00.

It it really just meant to make it easy for me to know how long till the end of the show. So I can tell the people in the studio 5 minutesā€¦ 1 minuteā€¦ 15 secondsā€¦ left in show.

Thank you so much for your help.

2 Likes

I think I have it now . I am very confused about 10:00 am being 9:58:26 .
Let me make a 24 Hour count down then we can decide when it stops .
See the Studio clock second ring .

1 Like

I think with my level of Maths we need to maybe start the count down timer some time in the morning and dismiss it so we do not have really silly numbers coming up after 10 am .
Working on it .

Sorry about the confusion, I just put 10am to make the example easier to understand.

I just need a way to makes the expression.

Current time - 09:58:26 = ##:##:##

Here is a mock-up of what I had in mind:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve made an example for someone a long time ago. It counts the time left in a work day.
It can get you started, inspection is on

3 Likes

Check my test now . Not sure where you are on the Planet just in case we have a Time Zone Difference . Always a good Idea to check out the Work that Peter @petruuccios shows . His maths is on a much Higher Level .

1 Like

I will take a look, thank you

2 Likes

You guys have got this, it should be a simple bit of Math counting down to 10am every day.

2 Likes

@jrhughes15 I hope you have enough to get your Count Down going. It is actually just a matter of adjusting the numbers int the Conditionals in either method. Notice that Peter takes the time apart to do the maths the puts it back together. A little extra work to put the seconds in . Whereas my method needs Two formulas to make the crossing Zero easier. I know there are other methods but if it works it works.
If you are not sure exactly what to do I will help.
I am still a little confused as you now seem to be looking at two count downs on your mockup.
What you need to tell me is the actual time you want the count Down to run to. I understand that it is not 10am.
Let us deal with one at a time.

Still not sure which time Zone you are in.

Just to make it clear, the Philosophy of the Community is to point people in the right Direction rather than just doing the job for themā€¦ However there are no rules.

2 Likes

It always has to be counted into seconds, subtracted and converted back.
The formulas may be can see some optimization, but in preview it seems to work.
I made a working example for you.
If the leading zeros are important for you, let me know. Maybe could figure something even for that.

4 Likes

Thank yā€™all so much! I appreciate it. I racked my head over the issue for the last few days and yall knocked it out of the park! I canā€™t wait to look through your examples and learn from your expertise.

Iā€™m new here and this has been a great experience I canā€™t wait to learn more and problem solve along side yā€™all.

2 Likes