Tinkering with a vintage-style day-date

I’ve been tinkering with this new original design, vintage-inspired day & date watch complete with vintage style fuzzy green lume. Can’t make up my mind if I should add any faded weather complications (same as in my gemstone design)… leaning towards not but gave in to the more important battery level. Still struggling with polished chrome effect of hour markers.

Tap day-of-week to toggle battery level, tap logo to set theme color.

8 Likes

By the way… I’m using this how-to below for my chrome effects. It works perfectly for the sample given in the video, but, it doesn’t always work best for everything watch-wise. I’ve also adapted the color values he gives in the video for gold effect and blued-steel effect using the same technique.

3 Likes

Great tutorial there…if you use Photoshop :joy:
Nice Face as well my friend, but maybe add a little texture to the Blue background :thinking:

2 Likes

I stopped texture at the edge of the brushed metal center, not yet sure about texturing the blue space. Plus, now I wonder what happens to a textured area that is associated with theme colors…

2 Likes

Sorry my friend, I didn’t realise that’s what your Theme Picker changed.

1 Like

Let me know when you are done with this one… It looks interesting.
For the blue space, have you decided what you are leaning toward?

2 Likes

Do you mean what the color of that space will be? If so, it’s theme-based so you can select your own color for that space.

3 Likes

Oh! Well, ain’t that cool! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

It soitenly is… whoop whoop whoop!

That color theme feature is very useful for those who like to match watch color to dress color day to day.

3 Likes

This looks pretty good @kourosh. The colours and squares reminds me of a 50s style bowling alley. You’ve really gotta publish some of your stuff eh!
:beer::beer:

3 Likes

Thanks! Hopefully soon… Just getting my proverbial ducks in a row.

And dude… your “Bowling Time” face… holy smokes! I just spent 5 minutes playing with that on my phone and can’t even begin to figure out what’s behind the scenes :+1:
(that is, after 40 minutes of going cross-eyed playing my favorite mobile game TetroCrate)

3 Likes

Many thanks @kourosh :grin: Yeah, it took a while to figure out how to make the pins fall after throwing the ball at them on that face. Not going to do another one of those any time soon…

3 Likes

We haven’t seen you around for a while… but look in my profile, it’s finally done.

1 Like

So I was checking out your profile - and the watch faces that you published. Just beautiful! Easy to read and easy on the eyes!! I am partial to the art deco and the 1917 Trench watch styles. They are so appealing! :smiley:

Gorgeous work!
I love your style! :heart_eyes: :star_struck:

2 Likes

Thanks, the few “originals” are mine but the rest are my “recreated” style!

2 Likes

There ya go… those art deco faces… so cool. And really looked at that blueprint. Kinda catchy! :wink:

2 Likes