To dark-mode or not to dark-mode, that is the luminous question

Okay… now I got it.

If I keep seconds hand showing in AOD, it will have to sit at the top since that’s how the hands are stacked: hours/Minutes/seconds from bottom up. If I turn it off in AOD, then I would have to copy its spindle center onto the minutes hand below it, since neither hours nor minutes hands have the center spindles built-in (because of the stacking order, see below).

If I use the Dark2 style AOD and keep the seconds hand, good possibility there will be users nagging. If I hide it and still use the Dark2 style AOD, maybe possibility of users nagging. Either way, it’s uncharted territory for me, so I suppose we will have to wait and see… :grimacing:

@icrltd4 and @mrantisocialguy I started with a unquestionable Dark1 AOD, and until today all of my faces were like that. Today one face’s AOD changed, now I’m torn between the two :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Yeah it’s a pain but center’s are good if they are seperate all together. I find I can then cheat the size of the hands a bit unless they have full radius tips.

2 Likes

btw. do you have estimated date, or just stockpiling drafts for now?
Did you get any positive response from brands meanwhile?

3 Likes

Not exactly. I was hoping to start early this month, but many other things came up and pulled me away. Now I’m hoping to start in less than 4 weeks. And I am stockpiling drafts, was planning on releasing at least 2 per day.

With one contemporary/active brand whose owner I know (I was only interested in 1 model) said no (which I expected) because they’re in the middle of a lawsuit. With another contemporary/active brand (I was only interested in 1 exotic model, from 1960) also said no because it’s an active product, but I might still do it unpublished for myself for the technical challenge. Next, an antique shut-down brand from the 1800’s turned out to have been resurrected by a newly formed company, I was only interested in 1 exquisite-looking pocket watch, and they said yes!

The rest are all antique and vintage brands that went bankrupt or just shut-down, and a few of them have been resurrected under new companies with the same name, but with new/different model watches. From all of these, nobody bothered to reply and it’s been at least 6 months.

Then there are brands that haven’t existed for many decades. I even have one very exotic/strange watch design that was never even made, it’s just an expired document from the US Patent office.

3 Likes