[TOMAJA Mini Tutorial] Simple Realistic Digital Display in Only Two Steps

Hi There,

here is a next mini tutorial, how to make a nice small or big realistic digital display on your new watch face. Before starting you will need to download an appropriate mono space digital text font in *.ttf format (example).

FIRST STEP

In the first step I do write the “background”. It’s a small trick to let the old fashion display appears even more realistic. I do use numbers 8888888 and I do set the transparency usually on 10-15%.

SECOND STEPS

Afterwards I just copy the same “digital” layer (transparency 100%) and put there what ever I wish e.g. digital time (#Db#:#DmZ#), steps (#ZSC#), logo (TOMAJA) etc.

Done. :wink:

Here is the same simple procedure in pictures:

Do you :heart: this mini tutorial?

9 Likes

This is great but what about the text orientation? How do you ensure that the foreground numbers stay aligned with the background numbers? Sometimes the digital time resizes based on what time it is, even with some of the digital looking ones. How do you ensure that the foreground numbers stay aligned with the background numbers? Is that not necessary with that particular example font?

Good queation, the font should be a mono (space) font… means, that every letter (number and sometimes also special signs) should have the same width. :wink:

Good to know, I’m not to keen on fonts and that is a big reason why I don’t do a lot of digital. Thank you for helping me learn more about it so I can be more versatile!

1 Like