Transfer Samsung Watch Face Studio design to Facer

I have a watch face that I want to share with people for free.

I designed the watch face in Samsung Watch Face Studio so I have a .wfs file etc.

How do I put this on Facer?

Will I be able to point people to Facer so that they can download the results to their watches?

2 Likes

I dont think you can. You’ll probably have to import your assets and rebuild/recode etc. within Facer.

3 Likes

You will have to copy it item by item in a new Facer watchface. There is no way to import anything except for images.

3 Likes

You beat me by 30 seconds! :rofl:

3 Likes

Thanks for the quick answer. This is pretty much what I imagined the answer would be.

This particular watch face is very simple. The only fancy thing is that I have two images that switch places to indicate AM and PM. I imagine the Facer design tool supports this in some way.

So the other question is, once I make my watch face on Facer, how easy is it to put it were a friends can find it and how easy is it for them to put it on their watch?

3 Likes

You can switch those images by opacity

2 Likes

You can post them on The Official Facer Group on Facebook or the SmartWatch Creations & Users Facebook group. You will need to be a member of both groups to post in both groups. Also your friends will need to have the Facer app on their phones and also the Facer Companion app installed on their Apple, WearOS or Samsung watch.

3 Likes

Indeed, that’s how you do it in Samsung Watch Face Studio. There is a function that returns the hour between 0-23 and then I test it with <12 and >=12 to change opacity to 0 for one image and 100 for the second.

Facer software should have exactly the same ( roughly ) operation as you say. Just have to concentrate on “opacity” while looking around.

2 Likes

Sounds about right. I will be doing this on my own watch first of course so I can explain to others.

I’ve certainly used the Facer app to put a watch face on my watch in the past. There’s just so much stuff available that I stopped using it.

Thanks for the links. Sounds like they will be useful once I’ve got the watch face laid out.

3 Likes

Hi @tudza The facer tag #Da# returns AM or PM . Facer conditionals begin and end with $ $ not ( ) though both work here . The rest of the conditional structure is exactly the same except that && is AND || is OR .
#DH# is hour in the day 0 to 23 so you can use that for you <12 >12 .
#DWFHS# is 0 to 360 degrees over 24 HRS so >=180 will do it .
I am dying to see what you made .
ENJOY
elp.facercreator.io/hc/en-us/categories/4412573409179-Advanced

3 Likes

Totally forgot you posted links to pages on tags, but had no trouble finding the manual section on such things. The opacity setting window is exactly like the one in WFS in that there’s a number, up and down arrows, and no indication whatsoever that if you click in just the right place you get the tags menu.

By happy chance, the example for conditionals and tags used the AM/PM tag so all I had to do was copy and paste into the opacity area and I was done.

AM

4 Likes

PM

5 Likes

Ha . Thanks for showing us that . It should be popular . ENJOY .

2 Likes

:smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:

2 Likes

BTW @tudza . You should look at #DISDAYTIME# . I think that might interest you ,

1 Like

What does that do?

2 Likes

It returns true or false ( 0 or 1 ) . True Between Sunrise and Sunset , correct to your location . On Creator it Toggles to L.A. Data . Like a lot of these things you need to have your Location switched on and it is a Good Idea to have Open Weather on your Phone as they are the Data provider .

1 Like