Transparency Over Time

Hello ! I am trying to make the background dimmer over time before returning to the maximum opacity in the morning, kind of like a built in night mode. I am unsure of how to do this.

I was also wondering if it is possible to change the hue of the background depending on the weather!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Hi @keritastic Welcome to the community . Stick with us you will learn everything you want here . However you Have Taken a big bite for your first Mouth Full . Both your Questions are in the Advanced department . But If you crack that you will have a good grounding in the Coding .

Last first . The weather is an Interesting Data Package to start with .
There are 9 conditions reported and each has a number ( surprise ) when it comes to Facer from Open Weather

So you understand what is going on I recommend you make a test for yourself .
Make three layers 1 is the Facer Weather Icon one .
Two Texy Layers . one with #WCCI# and the other with #WCCT# in the Text Tag .

So you will get a number for each condition you will note that they are no consecutive and do not really go from good to bad .

So what we have to do is make a conditional for 9 image layers .
Note at this stage you can not use Opacity Tag on the Facer current Weather Icon ( Shame )

The CLEAR one would be

$#WCCI#==01?100:0$

Part cloudy

$#WCCI#==02?100:0$

Which means if the current weather condition Icon Number is 1 the show layer at full opacity otherwise show at 0

So you see why it is an abbreviated code .

I could do the whole job for you . But we are suppose to encourage new comers to make their own stuff .

The fading to Day and night is another question that has many more answers .
The first question is do you want it related to the Sunrise Sunset ( Very Difficult ) or just simple which looks very similar .
In this case I will offer you an inspectable draft .
I have domestic stuff to do .
Get back and we will sort out what you want to do exactly as you wish .

1 Like

Here is another Test that is a little less complex but is not linked to SR SS .

Hi! Thank you so much for your help! I (think I) successfully implemented the weather backgrounds, and I don’t think I am going to go about dimming the watch overtime as that will require a LOT of conditional images. Check out the weather options at Keri - New Watchface - watch face for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more - Facer !

1 Like

Well done. I will have a look at that in a bit. Still not sure why your link does not show the preview.

1 Like