Triaxial Curvilinear Skeleton + Nobel Physics Prize

#1: This is something different. I saw an ad in Facebook or something for a luxury watch with a movement similar to this one. I thought it was cool so I decided to create an interpretation it.

Three axles each with 4 hours to them. The three 4 hour groups rotate around the watch at 1/3 pie slice spacing. Each individual hour group axle rotates at the beginning of each hour as they impact the copper triangular striker in the bottom right.

Time is read off the bottom 1/3 of the watch. Minutes are along the bottom curvilinear scale. Hours are in the red circle pointing to the minutes. Seconds are the blue hand, also using the same scale as the minutes.

#2: In honor to the Nobel Prize in Physics for 2020 to Penrose, Genzel and Ghez, for contributions to the science of black holes. This is Ghez’s animation of the super massive black hole at the centre of our galaxy, Sagittarius A*

1 Like

Love the triaxial! The one you saw is probably the new Xeric. It’s been advertised all over social media last couple of weeks. But check out the Arnold and Son Golden Wheel too! A few other brands have done a watch with this complication too, Parmigiani and Gorilla are a couple of others you could check out. It’s the first time I’ve seen someone bring it to a Facer face though. Nice job, and good coding!

Thank you @kvansant, your comments are much appreciated.

Yes, that is it! The Xeric, that is the one I saw. I only saw it once and it stuck in my mind, so that is why I created it. After seeing it again, I see it really is quite nice, so it inspired me to create a non-skeleton version of the Triaxial. The skeleton version is too busy. This new one is much cleaner, again inspired by the Xeric.

nice, yes I agree this one is cleaner!

those look really cool!

Thanks @ThaMattie, much appreciated!