Tribute to the famous Suunto Core - my first watch face

Tribute to the famous Suunto’s Core All Black watch (with some nostalgia to my old but not yet retired Suunto Ambit1) and made to match my Spigen’s Rugged Armor Pro case.

FEATURES:

• Authentic and realistic rugged design
  • 24h and AM/PM support (follows Time Format setting)
  • dd.MM and MM.dd support (follows Unit System setting)
  • Current temperature (in Celsius or Fahrenheit)
  • Heart rate indicator (Very low, Low, Normal, High, Very high)
  • Sunrise and Sunset indicators (active 1 hour prior to event)
  • Steps counter (1 grey tick mark = 100 steps, 1 green tick mark = 1000 steps)
  • Low battery notification (flashing on active display, and visible on AOD)
  • Very high heart rate notification (flashing on active display, and visible on AOD)
  • High-contrast AOD
  • OLED friendly

It’s my first watch face, made entirely for fun and to fit my needs, likes and hardware. I’m no designer or coder – nor willing to be, just got some basic Photoshop skills, and also a lot of curiosity and enthusiasm.

:slight_smile:

Hope you like it, and also open to any comments, ideas and criticism.

UPDATE:

Decided to release two public versions - one with the original matrix font, and another with a more generic “solidified” version of the font.

5 Likes

It looks good, but you might want to change the SUUNTO name to something else. As it is, you are at a high risk of getting that watchface deleted due to a copyright strike.

3 Likes

Thank you. I will ldefinitely not publish it with the Suunto brand.

3 Likes

You could make a copy of it and change the name on one of them and publish it and leave the other one unpublished for your own use. I have several unpublished ones that I use myself.

4 Likes

Probably will do that – if I even decide to publish it.

2 Likes

Looks ok to me, not sure if all the Text is large enough though :thinking:

2 Likes

I’ve made it for my Galaxy Watch 4 Classic 46 mm, and created and tweaked the fonts to my liking. I’ve also tested it on my Galaxy Watch 6 Classic 47 mm but it’s even bigger. It may look worse on smaller displays, though, but I wanted to replicate the original Suunto Core as close as possible, i.e. not to omit any fields or elements.

P. S. can users send it to their watches with me posting the watch face here, still being draft and before being published?

2 Likes

Yes, people can still sync Faces from links here regardless as to whether it’s Published or not. That’s how we can test and help each other :grinning:

2 Likes

Great, that’s what I thought and was hoping for. So, if anyone likes it, feel free to live test it and let me know of any issues or comments, so I can make adjustments.

2 Likes

It’s also a way of keeping a Face Private, so it can only be used by you or anyone you share the link with :wink:

2 Likes

Respect for your first design!
I’am definitely curious to see your future designs.
By the way, I do totally agree with the comments of mrantisocialguy

1 Like

Thank you so much! I wasn’t planning to but I guess I can remove the branding and publish a “vanilla” version for everybody to see and use… No plans for future designs neither, but who knows… I also never thought that I’ll ever skin a watch face…
:smiley:

P. S. Btw, this happened only because Facer Creator turned out to be so very easy to work with and suprisingly powerful (for my expectations, at least). So kudos to the Facer team!

1 Like

UPDATE:

• Replaced battery level icon with battery percentage (after a week of using this face I realised I need this)
  • Added Low battery notification (flashing on active display, and visible on AOD)
  • Added Very low HR (under 50 bpm) and Very high HR (over 140 bpm)
  • Added Very high HR notification (flashing on active display, and visible on AOD)
  • Lowered the opacity on all AOD notifications (Sunset/sunrise, Very high HR, Low battery)
1 Like

UPDATE:

Decided to release two public versions - one with the original matrix font, and another with a more generic “solidified” version of the font.

3 Likes