Tropical aquarium day/night new designs,help?

Hi i am trying to figure out how to combine these two designs with a 8 hour cycle in day , an 8 hour cycle in night and a 8 hour cycle in the middle with a dark blue background, does anyone know how to do that?

3 Likes

The easiest way is to make 12 or 24 background images and then use this value.

$#Dh#=10?100:0$

Is the trick posted in the opacity field.
Just change the 10 to the hour when the text will be displayed only then.
If you want 24 hours, #Dh# becomes #Dk#.

3 Likes

thanks raven, ill give it a go

1 Like

that only seems to change it for 1 hr, do you know how to make it change until 12hrs is up again?

Every 8 hours the picture changes (colour)
1AM - 8AM
9AM - 4PM
5PM - 12AM

I have included petruuccios comment.
The middle strip then shows the change as follows:
12AM - 3AM Picture 1
4AM - 7AM Picture 2
8AM - 3PM Picture 3
4PM - 7PM Picture 2
8PM - 11PM Picture 1

Inspection is on

2 Likes

wow , thats perfect, your a master at this, i just spent the last hour trying to get it to work and the watchface has over 30 layers , this should make it easier to finish before bed, thanks, you should get paid for helping people , your amazing.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback…but I’ve only been here for a few weeks and have very little idea about the whole thing.
But I’m happy to help if I can.

1 Like

You can add 3 different background images. each would have opacity set using expressions for example like:
for night
(((#DH#<4)+(#DH#>19))*100)
morning&evening
(((#DH#>3)*(#DH#<8)+(#DH#>15)*(#DH#<20))*100)
day
((#DH#>7)*(#DH#<16)*100)

If you put the “between times” image below the night and day one, it can be opaque all the time

3 Likes

The fish tank looks great! I know you didn’t ask, but I’ll mention two ideas. 1) the hands look a gig random and generic to me. It’s hard to integrate hands into the scene, anything that blends in would also be harder to read. So I’d be inclined to go the other route and have a set of simple but elegant silver hands on top of it all. 2) if it were me I’d put a fairly monochrome sandy/rocky “floor” at the bottom of the tank and move the date in front of that. For some reason I always think cap letters look better on a watch, so I’d change that too, but that may just be me.

2 Likes

Good afternoon @scottjones1979 :slightly_smiling_face: :wave:

Your design and ideas are very wonderful !!! Congratulations !!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :wink: :100:
Here I show you other interesting information where you can see what types of commands that Facer.io has, to program …
(I don’t know if you saw it or not, but just in case I’ll give it to you so you can see it)
These commands can be used … having, or not having Facer PRO
It is very interesting and fun !!!

Tutorials - Facer :point_left:

Tags :point_left:

Expressions :point_left:

Conditionals :point_left:

Boolean logic :point_left:

Weather condition icon codes :point_left:

I hope we have been able to help you with your question !!!

enjoy the group :wink: :dizzy:

Cordially JDCardozo

2 Likes

@scottjones1979

This Little trick will toggle display at SunSet and SunRise.

Will not sim on this Page. You will have to Inspect it and run the time machine Slider.

Be aware it will not work on some TickWatches.

If you need that formula it will cost you : )

1 Like

I did a Face not long ago using 24 images, a different one for each hour of the day, and yes, I think I used the $#Dh#=10?100:0$ Opacity expression that upgrade-gd mentioned.