Trouble with expression for radius

I’m having some trouble with this design

In the UI, everything looks fine. On the facer app on my phone, the arc connecting the hands is there, but the wrong thickness. On my watch, the arc is missing.
Here are the expressions for inner and outer radius
inner: (50sin(rad(abs(#DWFMS#-#DWFKS#))/2)-10)
outer: (50
sin(rad(abs(#DWFMS#-#DWFKS#))/2)+10)

Which should make the thickness 20.

The numbers shown in the fields are correct

The math isn’t horribly complicated.

Anyone see the error? I can’t

2 Likes

Odd, when I copy/paste my expression, it deletes the multiple sign * and writes everything in italic after.

2 Likes

I see no operator between 50 and sin. I know you Advanced Maths guys know what that means but me and Facer we are Diffrent.

When you post code here in the Community it is best to use format protection . So select your Formula and then click </> in the bar above where you type. I am on my Mobile so can not show you an example.

3 Likes

No, the * disappeared when I copy/pasted it in here. And everything after turned italic.

2 Likes
(50*sin(rad(abs(#DWFMS#-#DWFKS#))/2)+10)
(50*sin(rad(abs(#DWFMS#-#DWFKS#))/2)-10)

That does look a lot better

3 Likes

@rasmusbak.jepsen The Facer Community pages have been known for a long time to have issues with the * and tends to delete it quite often. You can do like @russellcresser said or use the lower case ` to the left of the number 1 key on a computer keyboard at the front and back of an expression to force the community page to show it correctly like this from your above example.

(50*sin(rad(abs(#DWFMS#-#DWFKS#))/2)+10)
(50*sin(rad(abs(#DWFMS#-#DWFKS#))/2)-10)

It doesn’t show but the ` is at the front and back of each line above.

4 Likes

Thanks, I think I’ve got that part now. Still have no clue as to why it doesn’t work though.

2 Likes

I tried adding a round() around the expression to see if it was the decimals causing the trouble. It wasn’t.

2 Likes

I have run some tests I made. So all is good on Tizen.
Nothing Wrong with your Maths Mate.

This is a little test I made to illustrate the NOP of formulas in the radius Fields of arcs and progress bars ( circular )

Some very interesting effects if you Use a smaller number than 3 for division of #DWFSS#

BTW smile starts very small .

That is a very nice watch! Might have to get one of those.
I still haven’t a clue what is wrong with the arc, my ticwatch just doesn’t show the arc at all. Will have to start the old trial and error method soon.

1 Like

The only way it will work on your TickWatch is if you Roll Back the Software . Pleas don’t do that . That watch is the old Tizen . You need to show all this to Little Labs . I have a thing with them at the moment . I don’t want o Launch another . They will think I am a Moaner .

Maybe I’ll have to jump the fence with this one, make it in WFS. But right now I’m hellbent to make it work.

1 Like

@rasmusbak.jepsen you are not going to get it going on WOS. It is a Bug in thier system. Please do not wasye your energy. There are second hand Actives about. You have a job with that on WFS from what I have seen you would have to use 2 Arcs. I will have to go now and prove myself wrong :::)))

In the Time I have been looking at this the behaviour of the UI has changed . May be I have cleared the Cache a couple of times . It feels like they are working on it but it will be a while before it is sorted on GW4/5

I’ve made a workaround for the problem here

Many probs with it, it fills the entire screen, so needs to be on the bottom layer, you can’t have several of them, unless max radius doesn’t interfere with the others.

Simple enough, I can have circles with dynamic radii, so two circles representing outer and inner radii, and an arc with fixed outer radius and inner radius of 0.

2 Likes

Those Magical Minimal Faces are Cool in Black and White. Jolly well done. That goes in the Bits Box. I have one for unpublished stuff on my Laptop. I am going to have to make a new one for your work. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

I liked the idea very much! I want to experiment one with my own expressions.

1 Like

Go for it! If you run into problems, there are a bunch of us to help you out.

2 Likes