Trying to Change Background Based on Time

Hi! so I’m trying to change the background of my watch depending on the hour (e.g. 12am-4am is one image, 4am-8am is another image, and 8am-12pm is a third image, and it cycles through these three images) but any time I mess with the opacity of the background (all 3 are sequences, is that an issue?) the opacity does not save and just defaults to zero. How do I fix this?

P.S. I’ve been doing $#Dh#>=8&&#Dh#<=11?100:0$ (as an example, from 8am to 12pm) and the like for the timing.

1 Like

Not quite sure what you mean with background. The formula seems correct. I would not use the background feature but just add 3 images and add your opacity formulas to them.

If you like someone to have a look at you current watch face, then open it up for inspection…

2 Likes

Hi! I should clarify that I meant background as in images. However, I’m using sequences for the background – would this affect my ability to play with the opacity like that? I’ve tested the opacity line on other things (like the “date” text box) and it works fine, so I’m confused as to why it’s not working with the sequence (GIF).

1 Like

Pretty sure opacity tags wont work with the sequence element. You will need to use your conditionals to move them on and off screen in the x or y fields.

1 Like

Oh, okay! And how do I do that? Would it be kind of like the opacity tag, in terms of the Dk stuff?

1 Like

yes, only 100 would be your x (or y) position and assuming your gif is in the center would be 160 being the condition is true. then the zero would be like 999 so it is off face when condition is false. hope this helps and remember to post a link here with inspection open so we can help if needed.