Trying to get yesterday's weather

Hi ya’ll am trying to recreate this watchface https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/736878507761729596/947959056243490868/iu.png as you can see it has a 5 day forecast including the previous day’s weather and I can’t figure out how to get yesterday’s weather keep in mind am very new to the art of making watchfaces and if anyone can help me with this or just general 101 stuff would be much appreciated thanks in advance.

Edit:Thanks everyone for the great insights one last question does anyone know how i could get yesterday in an abbreviated format like sun,mon that kind of thing

2 Likes

As far as I know there is no way to show yesterday’s weather in Facer. You can do current, today’s forecast (which is day 1 btw) and the next 4 days. “Day 2-5” I have never seen any coding for day zero or -1.

2 Likes

Hi thanks for the reply,well that seems like a bad oversight it’s such a simple thing to implement.

2 Likes

Welcome @Hadi_10000. Intresting Debut Face. The whole weather thing on Facer is remarkably Complex as they do not provide the Data. It comes from Open Weather. If you look at thier app it does not provide yesterday’s weather. Even our UK Met Office does not privide that Data. I just wonder why that Information would be of use to you. If you have a look at the work of @bradtc you will see he has some Wonderfull Trend Graphs. They might give you a clue as to how the weather was the Day Before.
Often when making something we are limited to what we can make with the tools at Hand.

3 Likes

Thanks for detailed information as for why i want yesterday’s weather it’s very simple aesthetics in truth what am actually trying to recreate is this https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/736878507761729596/947959115286716446/unknown.png this is the screen you get at the end of each day in the video game Persona 4 and it shows yesterday’s weather so i want my watchface to do so as well hope this cleared up my intentions

2 Likes

Yeah I understand. You must know now how to show the forecast other than the current on. So you will have to do a Random thing to make the two Fake forecasts. You will have to do it for day 6 as well. Get back if you need any more help with that.

1 Like

Unfortunately no variables to store vales. I wish for that, could do all kinds of neat calculations, such as your travelling speed. Sounds like a feature request to me… has this ever been requested with Facer?

1 Like

As far as I know it hasn’t been requested. You will probably be the first to make that request!

1 Like

I’ll look into doing that…

1 Like

@tom.vannes. If you Subscribe Pro you get access to variables. Well some kind of variables. Well a few.

Unfortunately the graphs don’t show historic data. I like your idea of using a fake forecast to match the format that @Hadi_10000 is looking for. Or perhaps use some sort of other data in it’s place following the same format, such as the average of 5 days, or perhaps wind or humidity data?

1 Like

Yeah I just meant you can see the Trends clearer from your Graphs. But I get the Gag now. It certainly does not have to be absolutely correct to tell the story. Intresting to look at the wind and humidity of today to try estimate what happened yesterday. Here in Cornwall a Damp day means Normal.
I think it would always be good if Today was a better day than yesterday. I would go for a Thundery day Yesterday.

1 Like