[Tutorial] How To Use #WCCI# and #WCCT#

pandaKrusher

Hi.
Thanks for the reply.
This basis is clear to me, I understand.
I’m interested in the option when I want to use icons for day and night and more icons. There are basically only 8 icons that I can preset without entering the code. But if I want to use more of them, is it the way I asked?

I see, you will need to use this chart Lucky Andrei posted above:

Weather Conditions - OpenWeatherMap

Where 1 is “clear sky”, 2 is “few clouds”, etc. For each weather icon you will use opacity like this:

$#WCCI#=1&&#DISDAYTIME#=true?100:0$

This means “when weather is clear sky AND it’s daytime, display the image”. For nighttime clear sky, you will use this:

$#WCCI#=1&&#DISDAYTIME#=false?100:0$

You have two images (day and night) for each weather condition, so you will need 18 layers.

For “few clouds” daytime:
$#WCCI#=2&&#DISDAYTIME#=true?100:0$

“Few clouds” nighttime:
$#WCCI#=2&&#DISDAYTIME#=false?100:0$

Go down the list and change the number to 3, 4, 9 etc. for each weather condition.

1 Like

Great.
I’m starting to understand it a bit, at least I think so … :smajlík:

Another question, the name of the image that will form the layer, does it matter what it will be called?

Thank you very much.

It doesn’t matter, but I suggest giving it a descriptive name so you do not get confused. clearsky_day.png, clearsky_night.png, rain_day, rain_night etc.

OK thank you all for the advice.

Also what does “lama” mean in Czech

Same as in English. It’s the name of the animal.
In our country it is used as a donkey or calf. :rofl:

The easiest way is to use two weather icon elements, one for day and one for night. Do like before replacing the stock icons with your own. Then in the second one do the same only using your night icons. Then set them to take turns one in the day and the other by night by moving the unwanted one off screen. These are the basic examples to move them from the center to off screen.

Daytime: $#DISDAYTIME#==true?160:999$
Night time: $#DISDAYTIME#==false?160:999$

During the day the night icons will be at position 999 and it will work in either the X position box or the Y position box. The reverse is also true for the day icons at night. You can see how it’s done in the face link below. Just go to the link (click MAG 1189) and click the rocket ship on the left of the watch face and look for the elements I have labeled WX Icons Day and WX Icons Night. You will be able to see exactly how it’s done.

I hope this helps!

2 Likes

@ekky.mi if it’s not too late you should do what mrantisocialguy suggested. His way is better than mine.

mrantisocialguy

pandaKrusher

It’s not too late. Now I’m finishing a simple and clean analog dial, see the picture, so before I embark on this more complex project, I have a moment.
Yes, this option also seems easier to me, thank you both for your advice.

EKA-1