Two Zone Watch Face

Hi all
I have scoured the forum for an answer and I cannot find one.

I live in Sydney where the time zone is currently AEDT which is UTC+11. This is during daylight saving.
Daylight saving occurs between the first Sunday in October and ends on the first Sunday in April. But I will get to that in a moment.

I have a simple watch designed for my current time and showing the time in London (UTC). I want to include the date (#DdL#) and day (#DE#) of the month for London.

There are plenty of threads suggesting a #DUH# equivalent for dates and days, but I cannot see that has been created.

As an interim solution, based on the current 11 hour difference, I have done the following for the date:
$#DUH#>=11?#DdL#-1:#DdL#$

It seems to work, but I am guessing it won’t work on the first day of the month.

When I use the same formula for the day:
$#DUH#>=11?#DE#-1:#DE#$
It obviously doesn’t work, as it is a text value.

I’m guessing I will need a boolean formula, as I will if I try to compensate for daylight saving for the day (#DE#).

1. Is it possible to do this for the #DE#?
  2. Is there a simpler solution for #DdL# to account for the first day of the month?
  3. Is it possible to have a conditional formula to account for daylight saving? It would be quite a complex conditional unless I worked off the difference of #DH# in comparison to #DUH#, e.g.
    If #DH# is >#DUH#+10 then it is Daylight saving and then adjust day/date accordingly by 11, if not then adjust by 10.
    This would put an additional condition on the formulae I am using but would ensure the change occurs at the right time no matter when it is in the year. Am I right? (I think I just confused myself lol)

Here is the draft watch face:

1 Like

Any thoughts?