Video or Sequence Supported Formats

Hi, I have been playing around with Facer Creator free edition for a while now. I think I am doing pretty well learning and creating faces. One issue I can figure out is how to add a sequence. The problem I have is the format of the video or sequence. I can seem to find out what Facer supports as far as what formats of video it supports. i.e. JPEG, MP3…ect. Any help out there. Thanks, Scott.

2 Likes

OK, so I am able to download a Couple of GIF to my watch face creater OS and apply them to the watch face but no sequence of the GIF shows up. Just the black background.

1 Like

As far as I know, gif is the only supported format. You should keep them small, and I think there is a 25 frame limit.
If they show up black, then maybe there is an issue with the gifs you are using.

3 Likes

@scttwd Exactly as @ThaMattie has said . You import the Gifs ( Add ) to a Sequence Layer.
I my experience 4 max sequences is sensible. Take care of Memory overload . You can build a Sequence Adding an image at a time . I preferer to use EZGIF or Borrow them .

I will post a couple of examples when I get on my Laptop in a minute.

The Free Bluey runs the sequences Randomly on Wake . This is the easiest way ( On Wake ) To Trigger Sequences as the Timing them ( On Sync ) is difficult to simulate on Creator for some reason .
The Second example has a Timed Sequence every 90 minutes . Check out the Turn Up Layer . Ha Ha . It is all a bit scrappy at the moment I am sure some one like Mattie can help make it a bit Neater .

Note the Special devices for getting Sequences Off Stage as we can not use the Opacity Tag on Sequences ??

3 Likes

Here is another . You might want to look at the work off My friend Gizmo @icrltd4 he has used a few Animations on his Faces .

3 Likes

Any images can be used, up to a maximum of 25, or make your own gifs, editing them to 25 frames each using this site - ezgif.com

3 Likes

Thx for the reply and help.:+1:

1 Like

Great info. Thx for the help👍

1 Like

It does have to be a “gif” from what I’ve seen and it can’t be over 25 frames. If you need a conversion app I was told to use “ezgif” it’s not a app tho it’s a web page

1 Like

Hey . Lets call it a WEB APP it is a bit more than a Page .

This is true

1 Like