[Watch Face] Aurora Carrington Event

Before I introduce this watch face, I’d like to do a little happy dance, as I just hit a milestone of a 10,000th watch sync sometime this morning. Yay!
giphy

Ok, back on topic…:grin:

The Carrington Event of 1859 was the result of the largest Solar Coronal Mass Ejection in recorded history. If such an event were to happen today, disruption of electrical grids and satellites around the globe would be significant to catastrophic. The Aurora light display in the Earth’s photosphere would have been incredible.

This watch face is my interpretation of the shimmering Aurora display that would have happened during that event .
-This watch face accurately the rotates the globe to your location on earth (+/-800km) and places it in the red cross-hairs front and centre. You can watch the dark side cascade across the globe relative to the sun’s location. As the day passes, the dark side’s shadow shifts every hour. At noon, the earth is fully illuminated. At midnight the globe is fully engulfed in it’s own shadow.
-The moon orbits the earth about once every 15 seconds, in a 3D perspective. The moon also accurately reflect its current phase.
-The 23.5 degree tilt of the earth relative to the solar plane and the season is accurately reflected by the yellow line. As seasons change during the year, this line will move.
-Steps are bottom left. Current weather bottom right and night/day indication, along with temperature.
-Battery under 3 o’clock. Green above 60%. Red below 30%. Yellow in between.
-Hour hand is red, minute hand is yellow, second hand is light blue.

Note: For some reason the watch hands don’t show up in the android preview. They show up fine on my Samsung watch and in Creator. A modern fast watch is beneficial for this face.

Footnote: The Carrington event’s associated “white light flare” in the solar photosphere was was observed and recorded by British astronomers Richard Carrington and Richard Hodgson. Carrington Event - Wikipedia

5 Likes