[Watch Face] B# - Racing Tourbillon 🏎

More stripes! Quick back story…

I’ve been using Photoshop for over 20 years and somehow never used layer masking. Sometime in mid-December after the topic was discussed in the Facer Slack channel I decided I’d finally explore a bit more. So the layout here was in part designed so that I could use layer masking to trim the large 4 and 8 around the opening for the tourbillon. It’s a look I like and have used before but my PS technique was always to rasterize the text layers then cut out. The end result is the same, but it’s destructive editing so even the smallest resize or reposition means a lot of starting over. Many of you certainly know all about this, but the beauty of layer masks is new to me. This also sparked the oversized shallow opening around the main tourbillon hole, so I could further trim the big numbers, but also to allow for a larger Hybrid Mode screen. Anyway… now I’m a believer in layer masking!

The rest of the plan was to sort of adapt the styling of my Retro Racer design to this one. I had fun making the tourbillon cage based of a vintage Ferrari steering wheel. and the battery gauge also comes from an older Ferrari fuel gauge. (there’s a low fuel warning light when it gets to 30%). The stripes are on loan from @nathantrafford so you might want to sync this one soon before he asks for them back.

This face has 6 color themes, Hybrid Mode for smart watch info, the ability to park the hands out of the way, and a pretty cool looking lume that glows only after sunset.

Enjoy! And be sure to follow B Sharp to never miss a new release! And on instagram:https://www.instagram.com/bsharpwatches

Smart watch faces for watch lovers!

5 Likes

That Looks Beautiful!! Amazing use of the Stripes!

Thanks @ALWatchfaces!

Beautiful!

Thanks @wyb1 !