[Watch Face] Flat White/Sign of the Limes

I was really proud of myself yesterday, having created my first face with a working action. I got some positive feedback on the design, but after more or less 24 hours on Facer, it’s received one like (yay), but wait for it, ZERO syncs. :cry: I mean, it’s not a colour I would wear, but I didn’t think it would be that unpopular. :smiley: Any critique (be as brutal as you like) welcome. I’d love to know why it receives an award for the most unpopular face I have on Facer.

Get it at https://www.facer.io/watchface/guo9CF10rg

I’m hoping the dark version I did today (Sign of the Limes) has a better time of it.

Get it at https://www.facer.io/watchface/J6eHCSeYkI

5 Likes

I go through that all the time. Some faces are run away hits and others sit for a long time without likes or syncs. I have one that’s almost 2 years old and still hasn’t gotten the first sync or like. For what it’s worth, I think you have a nice design there. I like the dark one best, but the light color is also nice. Just hang in there, the right ones haven’t found it yet.

3 Likes

Thanks. I feel that if you don’t get traction right at the start, you’re never going to get it, because unless your tags are a pretty specific match to what someone is looking for, they’re just never going to find it. I guess I need to be more patient and look over the longer term. Hoping I’ll nail down some tactics for success.

1 Like

I was in the same spot you are at the beginning. Then one day the @Facer_Official crew spotted one of my faces and highlighted it in their Big & Bold section of the app. From that point on it took off like crazy. I started in June of 2019 and now after that I have over 3,700 followers and my most popular watch face has over 9,000 syncs. Designing on Facer is 50% talent and the rest is pure luck. With over 20,000 designers and over 70,000 faces on this platform it’s hard to get noticed at first.

2 Likes

Here’s hoping. You have some really awesome designs there btw.

2 Likes

Yep, visibility is key. I don’t have a lot of time, so when my first published watch face got featured, it got a lot of syncs, but it took me so long to publish a second one, the momentum was lost.
In the end, I just make what I like, and I enjoy helping people on the forums and slack.

4 Likes

@ThaMattie I’m too old to figure out your abstract designs, but beautiful design work there, especially the leather one.

1 Like

Thanks @richiebee, I like your designs too, especially the analog ones

2 Likes

Sorry to join in so late but I love the Humility of this topic.
I find it very interesting that the Faces I actually like creep slowly to the top of the list . But some I was really pleased with because I thought they were Clever are Dead Ducks.
I think if you set an AI up to establish the most Popular Faces they would have Zero Style and Personality.
Be Lucky.

1 Like

I agree with @ThaMattie
I do what i like. Why? Because I’m having fun. if i have no syncs or very few, for me is the same. I don’t hunt for syncs but amusement

2 Likes

My thoughts on Facer have changed significantly since I started this thread.

2 Likes

Nice thread, in my little experience here (oct 2020) i can say that analog faces that required alot of work have the lowest sync here, seems ppl isn’t able to read them :wink: so if you want sync you have to go digital, but if you want have fun analog is better

2 Likes

For sure, the community’s taste is not the same as mine, even when they are readable. :smiley:

I think Facer’s incentive model to produce is fundamentally flawed, but I understand they are a business and have to make money or at least break even if its that kind of a product.

3 Likes