Watch Face on Pc different from App and Smartwatch

So I recently created a Pokemon themed watch face and animated Pikachu and Ash walking through the face. I used two formulas in the opacity section to get the left step and right step to animate properly:

$#Ds#=0?0:(((#Dsm#*2)%2)<1?100:0)$
$#Ds#=0?0:(((#Dsm#*2)%2)>.999?100:0)$

Here is the link to the face: Genomxo1 - Pokemon - watch face for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more - Facer

If you look at the face on a pc, the animation works exactly as it should; but if you use the app or on the smartwatch itself both the left and right step show the entire time. Any idea why this is? I am using a Ticwatch Pro if that matters.

It looks like you are trying to create a nested conditional statement

if A then B
Else if C then D
Else E

The syntax you have used for that will not work and as far as I know nesting conditional statements is not officially supported by Facer and / or a number of watches.

You could try the following syntax but there is no guarantee that it will work on all watches or continue to work any any in the future. That is, it is an undocumented way of doing nested conditionals that seems to work for now on some watches.

$#Ds#==0?0:$$((#Dsm#*2)%2)<1?100:0$
1 Like

Thanks so much for your feedback. I originally came up with that formula when there was a third part to the animation; but since then, I have gotten rid of that part and never changed the formulas. I got rid of the nested part of the formulas and simplified it down to this:

$((#Dsm#*2)%2)<1?100:0$
$((#Dsm#*2)%2)>1?100:0$

I also changed the .999 from the original second formula to 1 as well. I didn’t want there to be a gap in the animation but it actually caused both parts to be visible at the same time. The current version of the watch works on all platforms.

Once again, thank you for your help.

1 Like

You are welcome, I’m glad you got it working. :slight_smile: