[Watch Faces] Chain Drive, Tube, Steel Barrel

It’s so cool. I kinda regret having an apple watch, now. :expressionless:

3 Likes

Thanks @alwaysbusy4family . This is the reason why I’ve only done a handful of apple watch faces. It feels like my arms are tied behind my back. It doesn’t let you use your own creative fonts for the digital time & it doesn’t allow animation more than 1 frame every 15 seconds. It’s really quite rediculous in this day and age. I remember back in the day I always had to jailbreak my apple phone to get all the features that android offered standard, until I gave up and abandoned it, never looking back. I’ll probably do some more apple faces, but not very often.

4 Likes

I don’t blame you, bradtc. The few faces I like on apple are not nearly as creative as what I see on the other watch formats. It is rather ironic since they have more screen, that they are more restrictive.

But honestly, they have been since they started. They have always had a stranglehold on their OS. To be fair, it also makes it harder to send viruses. Not trojan horses… but viruses. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Trojan Horse is a strange phrase but I suppose it just sounds better than Greek Horse as it was the Greeks that built it.

2 Likes

I thought the fastest update on Apple was 15 minutes.

2 Likes

You are probably right! That makes for a really slow animation then, even more rediculous!

2 Likes

@bradtc @russellcresser

I would bet that it’s 15 seconds for Apple apps and 15 minutes for 3rd party apps like Facer. Which would explain why we can’t do time displays or anything else that is dependent on current time.

3 Likes

I had an Apple watch with Led style hrs and minutes. It had over a thousand syncs before I knew exactly what was not happening . Sad to take it down . It is quite nice to get syncs on stuff that actually works. I see some stuff in tge Top 100 ferr that does not work at all but shows min and second hands. Now you have started me so I will finnish. Then there are the Apple faces that are ported to Facer. With nothing on them at all from Creator. People just comming in must think they are realy stupid for not understanding the system. I know I do.

1 Like

We are sliding off topic again. I think those are plain “photo” faces, showing image of still hands on some fancy dial, frozen for ever.

2 Likes

Yeah. Enough off Topic. Going to go and sort out my Spell Checker. :thinking::rofl::joy: I Bet Brad does not mind things drifting a bit.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Pistol Packing Gizmo! :laughing:

3 Likes

4 Likes

Very good. Oh this is Fun. :grinning:

2 Likes

I don’t mind at all

3 Likes

Happy Drifting .

1 Like

1 Like