[Watch Faces] Chain Drive, Tube, Steel Barrel

Note quite ready to publish yet, but these are coming along pretty good, thought I’d share. Still tweeking colours, shading etc.

7 Likes

I like that chain drive, but it might need a drop of oil on it to keep it from rusting. :laughing:

5 Likes

All great designs @bradtc and I like the smoothness of the Chain Drive and the shrinking circle in the Tube design, great work my friend :clap:

3 Likes

Thank you guys. And thanks for pointing out how to do the circular text in paint.net, it was really handy for the chain drive one.

3 Likes

Some amazing work there. Great Stuff.

3 Likes

I like them all. Maybe check the hands on the chain drive one.
Seems like the hour hand needed little nudge upwards.

5 Likes

Well spotted Peter, I hadn’t noticed that because I was just gazing at its’ whole, overall excellence.

2 Likes

Thank you @petruuccios , turns out it’s Y coordinate was 11 points too low. All fixed now. I’m still tweeking them a bit…

4 Likes

Cooooool!

3 Likes

Just a suggestion @bradtc but maybe move the Date circle inwards a little :thinking:

2 Likes

I love the chain drive and the tube is quite eye catching! Both are easy to read at a glance!
The steel drum is cool, are the minutes uneven with the hour, or is that me? :flushed:

3 Likes

Brad can you please tell me. I am itching to know. Is the chain a Sequence or two or is it all Live Action.

2 Likes

Ha ha! I guess you wouldn’t put it past me to make it live action eh? Actually, now that I think about it, it wouldn’t be that hard to do a live action one, just a couple of spinning gears, orbits of links turned off half way through on each gear, and linear sliding links. But in fact, it is simply a sequence, slowed to 5 seconds. I thought the limit was 3, but it took 5 and I went with it.
8zSf8J2

4 Likes

Stolen :wink: :laughing:
(By me now I mean, not you of course)

3 Likes

Well I thought the limit was 3sec . Anazing. We have to keep testing the Bou drys to discover someting new. It is a good day when you learn someting new. Like an unexpected gift. I love the way you disguised the event with a sunburst traveling at a slightltly different speed truly beguiling.

3 Likes

Just so you know, I have set the limit as high as 10 or 12 before.

3 Likes

On one Sequence. Going to have to do a test. I did not think you could type a number greater than 3 in the box. Laptop is out but no WiFi yet.

1 Like

Something with a 60/1 ratio would be great for a second hand offset from minutes… or is that what it has? Har to tell here.

1 Like

@rob.fisk , actually, I just played with the number to eyball it up with the second hand to try to sync them up. I figured at the scale of the watch screen, on the casual glance of the time, it will be hard to tell if it is out a percentage point or two. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 Likes

@alwaysbusy4family , the minutes / hour / seconds all scroll relative to every 5th digit on a drum. You can see how this scrolls by looking outside of the red lines on top of & below the exact time. At the closest 5th digit, I incorporate a digital zoom & colour change to the actual time. The seconds drum illustrates this better, since it is quicker. Just imagine the minutes and hours drums scrolling like the seconds drum, albeit slower.

4 Likes