[Watch Faces] Glass Experiment

Hi Folks, I did some experimenting with some glass elements on these two samples. I’m kind of going for a look similar to a IV-18 Flourescent display under glass, but with a dot matrix font style.

So far so good. Might be some overlapping issues to work out. Anyway, they’re coming soon!

8 Likes

Very impressive work and look there Brad, but isn’t your Hands a little too long. I love the look of the first one :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks @icrltd4. Yeah it’s a bit of a balance of minutes hand length vs fitting in the text 'scattered clouds". I even had to reduce the font size for. That specific weather condition. Glad u r here. :+1::+1:

4 Likes

Thanks Brad, I’m only here on the App for now though, responding to email notifications lol

2 Likes

This looks very clean in the first one.
If you could bring up the rest of the info with a tap, this would be an awesome watchface!

1 Like

Yeah that’s a good idea. I can’t do the tap as I only use the free creator version. But maybe I can bring it up with an gyro movement. Done that b4 & it worked well.

2 Likes

I would have suggested that, but I am not a creator and have no clue what can be done and what is easier to do. So if a flip of the wrist would bring up the info… yup! That would be rad. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I really liked @alwaysbusy4family’s suggestion to combine the 2 watch faces. Here is the result:
Glass Hands Multi-View
This face is the 3rd iteration of an experiment in glass textures and objects. New - Multi view!!!

1.Check the time and get regular clock, with current weather conditions on hands.
2. Tilt the watch a little further towards you, and you get the full 5 day forecast, with weather graph! -Current weather condition inside the glass minute & hour hands.

Here is a link to my Facebook post on this face which shows a video of the multi face tilt action working pretty good.

4 Likes

Honestly, wasn’t my idea. :rofl:
I thought that was the original intent. :smiling_face:

In any case, pretty nifty! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Added glowing AOD mode hands all these faces per @kvansant 's instructions here. Thanks @kvansant! :beers:

1 Like

Brilliant, well done Brad, and thank you @kvansant for helping out :+1: