[Watch Faces] Multi-View Series

Here’s a new series idea that i’ve been working on for displaying multiple screens on the free version of Facer. All you have to do is look at your watch normally, for the basic time functions. If you want the advanced screen with current weather conditions and temperature, and a 4/5 day forecast graph, simply tilt your watch further forward a little tiny bit than you normally would. These will be published in a couple of days.

Full Flip Animated Multi-View

In normal mode, this just shows the time, date, battery level & steps. The time is displayed in a fully animated flip font. The AM/PM window disappears in 24 hour mode, and is replace by the finished steel as if it were never there. Tilt your wrist further towards yourself and the current weather condition is displayed at the top, and weather forecast graph is displayed at the bottom.
Fun fact - 308 layers!

Regular mode:

Tilt to Multi-View mode:

Earth Multi-view

-Classic 2 dial Watch on the surface
TOP Dial:
-The globe accurately rotates to your location on earth and places the red circle to your location (+/-800km). You can watch the dark side shadow cascade across the globe relative to the sun’s location. As the day passes, the dark side’s shadow shifts every hour. In the morning, you can see the shadow retreat as daylight approaches your location. At noon, the earth is fully illuminated. At midnight the globe is fully engulfed in it’s own shadow.
-Seasonal changes are implemented once a month, as the earth rotates around the sun. The solar plane graphically changes depending upon the location of the earth in the solar orbit due to the axial tilt of 23.5 degrees. The solar plane is represented by the yelow line, and you can see the seasonal changes to the shadow angle as it cascades acrross the earth daily.
BOTTOM DIAL:
-A view of the Earth’s northern hemisphere looking down from the north pole, with your longitudinal location shown with the red line projecting from the Centre. Your latitudinal location is shown with the red circle. The shadow at the bottom and sunlit parts of the earth are accurately illustrated, along with the sunrise time (in yellow text with a triangle at the equator) and the sunset time (in orange with a triangle at the equator) are also accurately illustrated.

Multi-View Mode:
Tilt your watch a tiny bit further towards you than you normally would, and the current weather condition and elevation pops up in a new left window. Also the next 4 day forecast graph pops up in a new right window.
Fun Fact 264 layers.

Normal View:

Tilt to Multi-View Mode:

6 Likes

That’s brilliant Brad, well done, your mind must be very complex to come up with all these amazing ideas :clap:

2 Likes

Ha ha! I’m complex is what my wife says, but not in a good way! :rofl: :grimacing:

3 Likes

Now THAT is thinking outside the box! Excellent idea.

3 Likes

Thanks, but i don’t expect it will be too popular. I did something similar in the fall & it only got 3 syncs.

design-screenshot (20)

I’ll post them in here with the rest of the collection when they are ready.

2 Likes

I remember that one :+1:

2 Likes

They are live now. I’ve got a few more in the pipeline, maybe release them later in the week. Thanks!

4 Likes

On Facer, the number of syncs is inversely proportional to the amount of work you put into it plus how happy you are with the result.

4 Likes

Isn’t that the darn truth!!!

3 Likes

So true. That is why we have to do this for personal enjoyment, otherwise we’ll get beaten down.

2 Likes

Added another to the series. Probably the last one for a while.
Time Zone MultiView Resistance
design-screenshot
design-screenshot (1)

4 Likes

Tested right now :hushed: what a tons of work dam, finally i can see the chart lines with my stupid ticwatch ,just one little thing may be adjusted ,the accelraw number i think It has to be increased beccause it switch to early ,havent look in inspection but usually i use 8 so you can enjoy both faces better

4 Likes

Great Work Brad . I could not look under the Hood so I have to ask . Does your Night Shadow shift a bit seasonally . It tells the story well enough already .

1 Like

Thanks @alsx65 & @russellcresser.

Interesting suggestion @alsx65 about the accelraw number. I wonder if different watches react differently to this number? Currently it is set to 4, and my older original glaxy watch works quite comfortably with that. But you say your ticwatch is comfortable at 8? Maybe I’ll adjust it to say 6 as a bit of an average of our little data pool. :+1:

Actually @russellcresser, it does not shift a bit seasonally. But, now that you brought that to my attention, it will later today when I have time to implement that. Great idea! I have to find a new mercanter shadow though, as the current one I have doesn’t lend well to seasonal shifting, that is the side slopes are too steep.
Edit: I looked into the seasonal shift, and tried to get a better mercanter shadow. But it’s not working very well. I think to do a proper job, the shadow can’t just shift, but it needs to be an entirely new shadow shape - 6 of them actually. While the ball of the earth doesn’t change shape, the way the continents are stretched accross a flat plane in the tilted vs the non tilted seasonal shift scenario is all bulged differently. IMHO too much trouble for the few syncs this will get. A seasonal average is probably fine… If one wants accuracy, look at my earthshade faces, those shadows are very accurate and reflect the seasonal tilt.

2 Likes

Yeah Sorry Brad . It is a load of work . I did something very naïve some time ago with 3 shapes one of which is obviously recycled . At the end of the day what we are looking for is where it is midnight . Whatever time we looked at something like that it is going to be +/- an hour so 2 hrs error . I would not be looking at that to tell me what time the sun Rises . As you say there are plenty of faces out there that give exactly . I love the Colour Hit on that . Great to see Good Old OLED . If you had left it inspectable we would not have had this conversation and they could just shut the community and we could all watch football . :::)))

1 Like

Added another to this series. It has a cool colour changing effect around the perimeter as the time hands move around.
design-screenshot (21)
design-screenshot (20)

4 Likes

For some reason I keep adding to this series. It’s been popular, so I’m working it:

design-screenshot (22)

design-screenshot (23)

3 Likes

I don’t know if you have ever heard this but, “If you’re green, you’re growing. If you’re ripe, you rot.”

2 Likes