Watch hand help

I have finally figured out how to do transparent background and can put my watch hands on the face. My only problem is my hands are not showing correct time

1 Like

So Welcome to you @tommyholt81 . We can help really quickly if you post the Inspectable Link to your Face . I suspect Looking at your Favourites you have not started with the Facer Default Hands . If you are trying to use images you have to set some Tags into the Rotation Field .

Yes I am using images. I am not familiar with tags other than the default,s. My placement of hands and rotation working fine. Just they are not showing correct Time.

1 Like

1 Like

I know I can’t use Rolex stuff to publish, but I am not publishing this one it is just for personal use.

1 Like

OK so you understand about getting Copyright stuff taken Down . So When you make Hands it is best if the point towards 12 before you import them . You will see I have corrected your minute hand by adding 90 degrees To the Tag in the Rotation Field .
Well done posting the Inspectable .

3 Likes

Thank you so much. So if i point toward 12, then the default tags should produce correct time?? And yes, I will not be publishing this. It is for personal use until I get the hang of it then I will create some faces to share.

1 Like

Yes That is Correct.

1 Like

Your awesome! So the plus 90 is to align hand with 12 before i import hand, If i am understanding. So then when I import, I leave the +90 in tag?

1 Like

1 Like

It depends how your original images look like. If thand on image is pointing up, you can insert default watch and then replace it with your image by hitting the + button in styles to “use custom image”. In such case you do not need to worry about tags, they will remain there from the default hand.

2 Likes

We have success!!!

1 Like

You have been a lot of help!! I look forward to kicking out some designs. I use the most simple way to ensure my watch hands are centered for rotation. I put my transparent background picture on a Microsoft excel tab, center the rotation point on a grid, screen shot and then crop to correct spacing. Run it through my background eraser and presto!!

1 Like

If you have MS office, the Powerpoint is better tool for making any component, hands included.

1 Like

I will certainly use that advice!! Thank you

1 Like

Someone shared a couple of Templates for making Hands quite some time ago, here they both are for you now -

1 Like

I also love the rolex line , I have created many also for myself. Rolex does offer on there web page the dials alone to view and in great detail . I wish I could show some of my work , but haven’t figured this page out yet …

1 Like

Post a screenshot of your work here . You can make a screenshot on your watch or in Creator . You could post a shot of your work on your wrist. I have made Private ROLEX Faces . I used a Dial straight off . I think I cut out the Date Window .