Watch Power Use per Hour

@russellcresser @masterboyhr

I took the GW 6 Classic off the charge and started wearing it Saturday night at 21:30 (9:30 pm) and run with Facer watchface which had heart rate and had the heart rate set for every 10 minutes and doing sleep and SpO2 monitoring. After two nights and a full 48 hours of use (it’s now 19:45 “9:45 pm” Monday), I’m ending this with 20% battery. That comes up to roughly 1.66% battery drain per hour of use. Which is a good 12 hours more than I got when I had my GW4 Classic. I always use my watch to view notifications and dismiss them. I also will delete emails I am not interested in through the watch. I normally get 3 full days out of my GW5 Pro with the much larger battery, but smaller display. I’m going to call this one a winner. Like I said I will repeat the test just using Samsung stock faces next time and see if there is any difference, I’m betting if there is, it won’t be much.

2 Likes

I bet the native Samsung Face is a lot less especialy if it is Eco . You are not allowed to change anything else :::)))

2 Likes

I also published this . I realise it is still a WIP . It is reset by Swapping to and from a Facer Face on Full Charge . Thanks Zieneth and Peter .

3 Likes

My GW4 classic, in the last couple of weeks, after an update, my battery life has declined also. I used to get about 36hrs. Now, I barely get 24. Same use, nothing has changed on my usage.

1 Like

Mine was Better for two week and now it is up again . I am not surprised . If they do too much power saving none of the nice bits will work . @gogsoman I find my Power Usage best when I only have a few faces on the watch . One Facer one Samsung / WFS. I can not imagine faces working in the Background but I suspect they do .

1 Like

That is another thing, WFS. Man I had to pull a houdini just to connect my watch with the new version.

1 Like

Yes . That is a learning Curve for sure . Idiot Filter #48 . I find it more reliable when it gets going . Well Done .

1 Like

@russellcresser & @masterboyhr
I just finished my second timed test of the Galaxy Watch 6 Classic battery drain not using Facer as the watchface. I started with 100% on Sunday morning at 8 am (08:00) and finished at 1pm (13:00) today. I ran it down to 20% before shutting it down just like last week’s test with Facer running. I am surprised by the difference. Last week it ran 48 hours of normal use doing sleep and SpO2 monitoring for 2 nights. This week running the Basic Dashboard watchface from Samsung it ran 53.5 hours also with 2 nights of sleep and SpO2 monitoring. Yes, you read that right, 5.5 more hours use, without using Facer. So, I guess there is some truth when people tell you that Facer drains their battery faster. I got 1.67% battery drain per hour while using Facer and 1.5% battery drain with a stock Galaxy face. Which I make out to be Facer uses 0.17% more battery than stock watchfaces.

2 Likes

Brilliant test MAG . I am getting 3.5%ph generally . I am happy about that 4% would give me 24 hrs if I was not syncing stuff all day .
I am not surprised about the difference . I am sure until recently it was 25% . I have noticed that if I have a number of Data gathering face on my watch is uses more .

2 Likes

Through both tests I think I have 5 or 6 Galaxy watchfaces and 10 Facer ones in memory.

1 Like

mrantisocialguy Yes, I’ve noticed the same thing, starting with watch4 then watch5 and you’ve confirmed it with watch6.

It makes a difference what kind of watchface is used.

Russell is also on the track here: if the watchface is very simple it will use less battery.
If the watchface is used with many complications, like downloading the weather, third party weather data, health data -it will burn more battery.

Facer is app by itself and it eats some battery to run itself.

My watchfaces made with Facer have gifs, weather data, health data, external complications…
But in my opinion having an informative watchface of my liking that will burn a bit more battery is a small price to pay.

Thank you for testing it and sharing the info!

2 Likes