Watch Power Use per Hour

(toFixed(((100-(#BLN#))/(((#DWFHS#)/360)*24)),1))%hr

This Topic is for Makers only .

Please Excuse my Current Obsessions with Power Consumption .
I am Running a GW4 Classic . The Usage on my watch has Halved in the last week or so . Say it is OCT 2023 . Facer , Samsung and Google have worked very hard to make sure the HR sensor on our watches does not use extra power . I have to say things have got much better . I spent a lot of time logging usage but decided to make a Gadget that can be added to any face for testing Purposes .

Be aware that This will only work if the Watch is pulled off its charger exactly at Midnight . I know one or two who are still Making Faces at that time . If you do not get it exactly right the Count will read Infinity .

To Infinity and Beyond .

I have noticed today that my sleeping usage is under 2% . Obviously it will go up as I look at it more and try Desperately not to sync anything .
For the Real Mathematicians I realise that it is not exactly usage % per hour . It is more Pro Rata but the Title Amuses me and Hell it is near enough .

It will be very interesting to hear from others and how their experiences have changed.

For Non Makers I am going to make a Facer Basic with a Gauge on . When I have published I will post a link here . It might take the rest of the day unless I get dragged out for a walk .
giphy (1)

5 Likes

To make your measurements more comfortable you can use the timer since syncing and start your experiments anew whenever the watch is fully loaded. Check this:
(toFixed((100-#BLN#)/((#DNOW#-#DSYNC#)/3600/1000),1)) %/h

3 Likes

Hello Dear… Thank you for your efforts to improve watch faces :star_struck: :clap:

3 Likes

I put my new GW 6 Classic on at 21:30 (9:30 pm) and have had everything turned on except the WiFi. I am using Facer with a face that shows, steps, heart and weather. Heart rate is set to test every 10 minutes when still. After wearing it all night with sleep tracking, SpO2 detection and snore detection on it is now 09:30 and at 78% battery level. It’s using 2.08% per hour in battery. So, considering everything I don’t think that’s too bad.

3 Likes

Yeah . That is brilliant . When I tested SPO2 it was very hungry . I must test it again . That is a Fascinating sensor . The HR readings for the day are Very Intresting .

1 Like

Thanks Peter . When I tried #DNOW# -#DSYNC# I was not sure what I was doing . I must try again . I was thinking that the Battery percent had to be zero at the same instant as the TIME .
I am getting this right now . I suppose it takes an Hour to settle down
Intresting a Sync pops the score up a bit .
I see swapping a Face resets #DSYNC#

3 Likes

I published this if anyone is still intrested .
Our Friend @Zieneth Published a Power Ranger called Aldo tonight as well Ha Ha .

2 Likes

russellcresser I know this is a stupid solution/suggestion but if you can sell the watch4 and upgrade to watch 5 pro or watch 6 classic. Then you just won’t care anymore.
At the end of the day it will be 30-60% full and you’ll be more than sure that it will cover the day, light use or heavy use, doesn’t matter.

It’s the only real fix for battery trouble.
Watch 4 is what it is. With everything on it hardly lasts a day. With heavy use it is dead by 5 PM.

The price of watch 5 pro is reduced to 299,99 euros (I’m looking here in Croatia) and the black friday is near, maybe you’ll get even better deal.

Sorry, I know it’s dumb fix but I would do that. I think watch 4 classic can be sold for about 150 euros.

1 Like

Ha Ha . I will wear this one till it dies . My watch is too beaten up for a trade in . But yeah . I love to here about the GW5 Pro . They did well there .

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say they did well, I would say they did the bare minimum.

Garmin, Amazfit… battery is good for a week or two. I don’t know how it’s possible.

But comparing all watches I always come to conclusion that Samsung’s watch is the best. At least for me.

2 Likes

I have been drawn to Samsung products . The problem we have with WOS Watches is they are set up for Third Party Access . All those Closed OS Watches run Assembly Code which is about 100 times more efficient . I see all these Verfit Watches cost about ÂŁ30 . They all last a week . No one at home with some basic skills is going to be making Faces for those .
I see Facer improving over the Years . Trying to Run WOS is Big jump for them . It makes me wonder if Samsung and Google / Pixel are really the Best of friends and Facer is just Piggy in the Middle . Forget Apple . They are just standing on the sideline Giggling .

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know You live in The Birth place of or Super Hero Scientist . Nicola Tesla , Sadly was too much of a Genius for his Time . He Publicly Demonstrated a Radio Controlled Boat in the 19 century .

2 Likes

When I had my GW4 Classic, I could get a day and a half use out of it. I make sure I have two watches that are Facer compatible. (Right now, I own 4.) The reason is you don’t have to worry about battery life so much. Just charge the spare one up when the one being used is getting around 30% to 25%. That way when it’s time to charge the currently used watch, the other one will be charged and ready to go into use. Right now my GW6 Classic is at 42% after 34 hours of use and two nights of sleep tracking and SpO2 monitoring. That ends up being around 1.7% per hour of battery drain. I think that is very acceptable.

3 Likes

funny enough, 1.7 is the average on my GW5 Pro.

2 Likes

I keep my GW4 Classic pristine. A special strap, and a Rinke bezel, for when I’m going to dinner parties. AOD dispalyed, of course :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I just thought a Bumper cover on my GW4 would make it a bit Big . I bought my Watch Pre Loved so I thing it has had the Trade in Sucked Out of it . I am delighted with the changes that have been made recently .

3 Likes

I’ve had a bumper cover on a regular GW4, and it didn’t really change the size much at all. Those are pretty thin. It would be same size as the GW6 Classic since it’s a 47mm instead of the GW4’s 46mm. Then you could add a stick-on bezel trim ring and end up with a brand new (looking) watch.

1 Like

Thanks . I am actually quite fond of the Grunge . So far so good .

1 Like

:joy:
I need to show the latest state of my Active 2 on a review :rofl:

2 Likes