[WatchFace] B Sharp - Inspiration Series # 7

I’ve made at least 10 or 15 moon wheels for various projects… This disc is one I have used before but it is definitely one of my top 3 favorites. Still looks great even during a new moon like now :slight_smile:

4 Likes

here’s a 2nd Slate variation:

1 Like

I love it! How do you make your own hour/minute/second hands? Can you import them into the facer designer??

1 Like

@info.equibo thanks! I make everything in Photoshop. Every pixel of every part is drawn from scratch. It makes life easier if you create a starting template with guide lines already in place, but yes I export from PS to PNG images and import into the creator as image layers them assign rotation.

1 Like

Can you point me to some more information about how to make them rotate etcetera? I saw that there is a lot possible with facer, but where to find how to do it?

I guess I’d suggest looking over some of the tutorials. But if you look in advanced mode as you’re in the creator app you’ll see “tags” button next to each field, click that next to the rotation field and you’ll see a long menu of tags, from there you can scroll down to the rotation tags.

1 Like

Thank you. I did find those, i was just hoping there was a manual somewhere explaining what all those tags do exactly. But thank you anyway.

@info.equibo Tags | Facer Documentation

1 Like

@info.equibo there probably is but I’m more of a trial-and error guy :grin:

Also, though I’m a facer newbie, I’ve been making faces on another platform for 2 years so I sort of know what I’m looking for.

Here is my first try making my own hour/minute/sec hands. All other parts are made with photoshop too.

1 Like

nicely done! I like the honeycomb effect! you should start your own thread to announce it.:smiley:

1 Like

Thank you! I did start a thread to show my designs here:

1 Like

I was looking for other faces to employ my newly made fanned Geneve Stripes pattern. I thought it looked god with this dial, … and though I don’t often do red, it seemed a good fit here too!

1 Like