Watchface Not Keeping Proper Time

Hey everyone! I looked around for an answer to this issue, but I couldn’t find a discussion about it. So If I missed it, I apologize.

My issue is that my custom watch face no longer keeps proper time. When I first sync the face to my watch it is correct, but after some time, the watch face shows the time off by an hour.

I used to have no issues with this watch face at all, but it started acting up about a month ago.

A link to my watch face and details about my specific watch can be found below:

Fossil 5e 2170
Wear OS: 2.34
System Version: H MR2
Android security patch level: January 1, 2021

I also noticed that the step counter never exactly matches what’s displayed on my phone, and the weather is always off by a degree or two, but these are less pressing issues than the time.

1 Like

I have a Fossil Carlyle gen 5 that I use for testing, and I don’t have any issues with the time display. The step count will be off until Facer catches up with the steps, unless they are using two different sources. My phone has Google Fit and it is reading off the phone and watch. The watch I don’t think is reading the total from Google Fit which causes a difference. The weather will ALWAYS be off from what the watch’s and/or phone app says. Facer uses OpenWeather and my Fossil uses weather dot com, but the phone uses AccuWeather.

If you would open up inspection mode where we could look at how you have the face set up we might be able to spot an issue if there is one.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the quick reply, @mrantisocialguy! I went ahead and enabled inspector mode for my watch face.

One thing I did notice is that every hour on the hour, the time resets (to the hour displayed when I first synced the watch face).

So for instance:

• I fist sync my watch at 9:00am
  • At 10:00am the watch face reverts to 9:00am
  • At 11:00am the watch face reverts to 9:00am
  • At 12:00pm the watch face reverts to 9:00am
  • And so on…
2 Likes

It may just be the tags you are using. I’ve never seen anyone use #DhZA##DhZB# together like that. Just for grins and giggles try this in their place (floor(#Db#/10))(#Db#-(10 * (floor(#Db#/10)))) I use (floor(#Db#/10)) for the 10’s hours and (#Db#-(10 * (floor(#Db#/10)))) for the 1’s hours in almost all my watch faces and never have had that issue. If that doesn’t work separate the hours into two different layers one for 10H and the other for 1H and see if that fixes it.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the tip, @mrantisocialguy! I will try that and report back!

2 Likes

I am extremely happy to report that your solve worked perfectly! Thank you so so much for your help @mrantisocialguy!

2 Likes

Good Deal, I’m happy it worked for you!

2 Likes

Nice bit of MAGic debugging . True Spirit of the Community .

2 Likes

MAGnificent fix! :wink:

2 Likes

I am glad it works how you wanted.
Just out of curiosity, why would you not use $#Db#<10?0:$#Db# for leading zero?

1 Like

I used to use $#Db#<10?0:$#Db# for leading zero, but I found that I can use (floor(#Db#/10)) for the tens of hours and then use opacity $#Db#<10&&#DTIMEFORMAT#==12?15:100$ to dim the leading zero for those 12 hour users who hate seeing a leading zero. Lately I have been using #Db# for 12 hour and #DHZ# for 24 hour and added a floating colon that moves to the left half way between the single digit hour and the minutes. Using that system, I have not had any complaints so far from the 24 hour “I want a leading zero” or the 12 hour “get rid of the zero” groups. :grin:

3 Likes