Watchface numbers - resizing

Hello - I am new to this new hobby. I have designed my own watch face but need help with resizing the numbers. I have selected the numbers I like, but I find that they are a bit too big. Can they be resized at all? If so, how do I go about this. Thanks in advance for your help and patience.

2 Likes

If you are referring to the stock Facer numbers on an analog watch face the closer to the center, the smaller they get and likewise the closer to the outside edge the larger they get. As for just resizing the font of the premade numbers, there is no way to do that. But what you can do is use the stock numbers as a guide and put your own numbers in whatever font you wish and make them as large or small as you like individually. When you get all 12 numbers placed and the size you like, just delete the stock numbers.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for the advice. It is very helpful. I will do as you say.

1 Like

Here are the before and after results. Thanks again for your help.

1 Like

Also, remember the easy tip for the angle that it is a 30 degree rotation per hour on the text.
1 is at 30
2 is at 60
3 is at 90 and so on.

Once that’s done it is just nudging the X and Y around until you find the sweeet spot.

There are a bunch of us who have made faces using nothing but the facer built in fonts, just for kicks and giggles. All made of text and some folks, better than me have made some amazing faces. Mine are basic rotary so a good tutorial start as I ,amd most of the others, leave inspection open so you can see how the gubbins work.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Also. have a browse around the resources section of the community. There are some gems of dials and tickmarks in there.

2 Likes

Thanks for this additional information. I will check it out and keep refining the design.

Don’t forget that you can also add Text and type in your Number, size/colour it and then move it to your desired position: just have to add 12 Texts for all 12 Numbers that way, and you use an Hour Hand to position them all correctly :wink:

1 Like