[WatchFace] OX | Gambit v100s

Hello everyone, I hope you are all well. I just wanted to share my newest face now that it went live today. It is definitely one of my favorites that I have created. I had so much fun developing it and I’m just so excited about it that I want to share it with you all. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Here’s an alternative angle image for you to enjoy the depth and dynamic textures more than you could with just the straight on view. Take care and enjoy the rest of your day.

(Tap center to open customization menu)

7 Likes

That is pretty cool @Orakix! Heck, I bet it was fun developing that first promo graphic! Love it! I’m imagining a real craftsman company such as Jacob & Co picking that up and making a real one - that would be something!

3 Likes

That is quite something unique you have created! And it looks pretty decent on my ticwatch. Would make a nice big wall clock if printed in 3D :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Now that’s a good idea @tom.vannes! One of the things on my to do list is to print out a 3d clock.

3 Likes

great!

3 Likes

Thank you everyone. I’m glad you like it. @bradtc Jacob & co… Or maybe Orakix is just expanding… @tom.vannes way ahead of you my friend. :wink:

2 Likes

Back to the kid’s table I go. Really fantastic work!

2 Likes

I assume you mean you’re already 3D printing it for a wall clock… so go another step ahead: would make a nice product to sell on Etsy.com!

2 Likes

Amazing: your graphical skills way surpass anything I can do…maybe a similar thing with Star Wars characters or spaceships… :thinking:

1 Like

I would Love to see the 3D Print . FDM or SLA ? Stunning Face .

I’m not far enough into this journey to know what you’re asking yet. Up until now my models have not had to be a specific scale for making faces. I think the scale of this face was essentially the size of a 2 story house. Don’t think that’s gonna print well. Haha. Right now I’m learning precision modeling so that I can remake this model to the proper scale for printing and then I’ll be learning about the actual 3d printing process, then prototyping. Sooooo I still have a ways to go but it’s absolutely something im actively working twords.

2 Likes

The Wonderfull and stunning thing about CAD is the Scaling. I actualy do my Rhino4 Watch stuff at 240x240 mm. BIG WATCH. I wonder if you have a Printer. I have a Little Purser clone but I only print PLA. The most important thing to remember is how overhangs might work. I hate printing wit scaffold supports although you have to sometimes. But split the job up into self supporting parts and assemble them with solvent.

1 Like

Yeah right now you’re speaking a different language to me, ive not learned about these things yet. I’m starting to make a list of the printers that can even print the sizes I need then I’ll be comparing the materials they can use. For a different project I need to print up to 12-14 inches, apparently that’s bigger than most printers can handle. Ive not even started to sort out supports yet.

1 Like

Yeah that is a very big printer. I make bigger stuff by assembling Parts. One thing you must know about any kind of 3D printing there is a Texture to it. So it is never going to come out the finish you have on your beautiful Render.

It all depends on the Budget you have. Resin Printers are the Finest resoultion but a 250x250x250 mm tank is a Big one and costs thousands to fill up. Fillament printers are the Budget end and Bigger. But texture is a Bit higher . If you have a Decent Budget look for a Pursa.