Wear OS 5 Sideloading?

Has anyone tried sideloading to see if it works on the new GW7?

2 Likes

The Facer app can be installed on OS wear 5, and is on my GW Ultra…but…you cannot select Facer as a watch face… Google have changed the rules which faces are allowed to be selectable.
We need a fix from Facer for their app to be able to create a WFF format file when you sync a watch face…but as WFF does not support all the features which come with Facer, this is not likely a viable option. There may be another way possible but would need to be requested on another forum like Reddit or XDA developers?

I doubt this will work… but worth a try…
https://xdaforums.com/t/want-facer-app-to-be-selecable-as-watchface-in-os-wear-5.4686342/

1 Like

What features does wff not support?

It looks like there is a rumor that all watch faces by 2025 must support it. So it might be forced on facer anyways

1 Like

There are various tags which facer provide as atandard that are missing in WFF. You’d probably have to use complications, but these are more fiddly to configure. Simple tags like Phone battery, Sunrise and Sunset, weather tags like humidity, wind spped, compass etc… you get the idea. If WFF supported same tags as Facer, we’d probably woulsnt be in this situation. Ive teied watch face studio…its okay…but takes time to adjust and just doesnt have the community or watch faces which Facer has.

1 Like

If the tags would be the only trouble, they could make separate restricted template for the new less supportive format, but I think there is more to it, than just support for tags.

1 Like