Weather icon day and night

Hi guys! is there a way to have climate icons defined as sun for the day and moon for the night? Something like a 3-day weather forecast.

greetings

2 Likes

Use #DISDAYTIME# and two icon sets. Day and night.

4 Likes

I’m assuming that’s if you have the upgraded version? Because I only have one set of icons available to me and changing them from the stock ones to have clear backgrounds is a challenge.

Hi @michael.m.owen, what you said is not quite right…

Firstly this is not related to whether or not you have Creator Pro.

What @petr.patocka is suggesting is that it is possible to have two different set of icons. Basically, you place a weather icon element form the pull down menu on the left and change the icons in the advanced tab to the daytime set you want ( you do this by clicking on each icon, deleting it and then uploading a new one ). When you are happy with the daytime set, place another weather icon on the face in the exact same location. For this second set, change the icons as before but this time choose night time icons. You can have as many weather icon elements has you want, each with a different set of icons :slight_smile:

Now, obviously you only want one set to be visible based on the time of the day but the weather icons elements to not have an opacity field that you can edit. You can however move them off screen.

So, assuming you want your weather icons to appear with an xPos of 160, in the weather icon element that has the daytime set of icons, place the following expression in the xPos field:

$#DWFHS#>=90&&#DWFHS#<270?160,2000$

and for the night time set, set the xPos to:

$#DWFHS#>=90&&#DWFHS#<270?2000,160$

{ note all these expressions are saying is, if a 24hr hand were in the bottom half of the dial then it is daytime so move the daytime weather icons to 160. If a 24hr hand were in the top half then it is night time so do the opposite }

4 Likes

Thanks @mikeoday for the math, I’ve been wondering about this too

Q: is it possible to refer to the sunrise/sunset times and change the icons accordingly?

I think it will be more accurate if used with these times since it is different according to location

1 Like

Yes I think so …

#WRH# sunrise hour 0…23
#WRm# sunrise minutes 0…59
Sunrise: (#WRH#+#WRm#/60)
Sunset: (#WSH#+#WSm#/60)

#DH# hour 0…23
#Dm# minutes 0…59
Current time: (#DH#+#Dm#/60)

Day weather icons XPos:

$(#DH#+#Dm#/60)>(#WRH#+#WRm#/60)&&(#DH#+#Dm#/60)<(#WSH#+#WSm#/60)?160:2000$

Night weather icons XPos:

$(#DH#+#Dm#/60)>(#WRH#+#WRm#/60)&&(#DH#+#Dm#/60)<(#WSH#+#WSm#/60)?2000:160$

I think that will work …

But it will require the watch to have access to weather data for the sunrise and sunset times.

4 Likes

:clap:t3::+1:t3::pray:t3:

1 Like

Ok…so I know this is 2 years later, but I was confused about it before and didn’t wanna seem stupid. Now that I’m reviving my facemaking I no longer care about being stupid and just want to do it. figured I should clear it up. I’ve tried to find out how to do it by looking at other faces, but it seems nobody like to let people examine their work.

So, the codes listed here, do they go in the xPos box? Or if I’m using Petr’s, same thing? An example that can be examined would help.

2 Likes

You Dive in at the deep end. Problem 1. The perloaded weather Icons 9 off can NOT be hidden with Opacity so we learn to move them off screen with X pos . Weather icons for any other day can only be shown with your own Images which cabe hidden with opacity.
Problem 2. You can not add Night weather Icons to the Facer Stock weather as ther can only be 9.

I am out and about at the moment. If you are still here later l will help you find an inspectable example of what you are intrested in. I have only done day weather forecasts . All my stuff is inspectable. There is a collection of inspectable faces but not the most techy examples.

1 Like