Weather Watch km/h or Mp/H Wind Speed

Hi I have this design has a tag for wind speed , I have comments requesting km/h not Mp/h is there a way to set that easily please or do i make another face what are the tags I need thanks ?

2 Likes

There is a setting down the bottom of the Sliders section that swaps Imperial and Metric .
You will be best off with two layers one showing metric and one showing Imperial .
I will check but I think Facer does the conversion .
Each layer will have a User Preference Conditional in the Opacity Field .

If this does not help get Back .

$#UNITSYS#==IMPERIAL?100:0$

$#UNITSYS#==METRIC?100:0$

There is a way of having all this on one line . Trust me that is not a good place to start .
You will Tap your watch face three times and navigate Right in Facer to find the Facer Settings on your watch to change from Imperial To Metric.

Sorry . This is the one liner . Because Facer Does Do the conversion .
My confusion .

Be Aware there are some problems on some watches with Wind speed . Just go for it . If you get a user who is unhappy we will sort it .

#WND# $#UNITSYS#=IMPERIAL?mph:ms$

1 Like

Thanks ill give it a go.

1 Like

Try using:
$#UNITSYS#=IMPERIAL?(round(#WND#)) mph:(round(3.61*#WND#)) kmh$

Works fine, it will auto-show mph or kmh, depending on user watch setting.

2 Likes

Do not use meter per second because nobody understands it (m/s is official) but it’s the same as telling your car speed in m/s, it’s correct but not natural…

1 Like

Some countries USE mps for windspeed so just use whatever you like or prefer - depends on your audience really. Meters per second for wind and kilometers per hour (or mph) when driving is not unusual.
I won’t at this point mention knots - no doubt it will turn up eventually :smiley:

1 Like

Hey lets go Nautical . All these things can be easily converted to suit. I like Degrees C for temprature. But Mph for speed. Mps is the SI convention for Wind Speed ( and a lot of Science ) so I left it so on the watch I made for Myself and Double it for MPH which is near enough. I would not use the Data on my Facer Watch Face For Navigation but I would for gaving a Dip in the sea. Not Today. If you are sailing your Yacht arround Cape Horn I recomend Investing in some more Expensive Instruments.:rofl::joy:

2 Likes

Yes, m/s is official in EU so it is not wrong unit.

Km/h is more natural to understand: when you are driving your car 30 km/h and stick your hand out of the window, that is how 30 km/h wind feels. That’s why I like it more.

And if I ever buy a boat I guess I’ll talk in knots - just to show off. :wink: :smile:

And I promise: you’ll be invited.

1 Like

You are ON. I have an Analogue Wind Direction Finder I can bring. Suck finger and point Skywards.

3 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

I knew (knots) would turn up eventually … 1 knot is 1 nautical mile per hour, 1 nautical mile = 1.15 miles or 1.85 km, so 1 knot is 1.85 kph or, in my amphibious car - 0.51ms. My question is how to get knots from steps on my watch?

3 Likes

Find the steps per Meter Conversion and do the Maths . There have been extensive Topics on steps to Meters on here .

Sorry - it was an attempt at humour!
As you say steps to distance is well covered here

2 Likes

Our friend russellcresser loves math challenges.
If you inspect his watchfaces you’ll find insane things.
As I said before: witchcraft!
istockphoto-1348363614-612x612

2 Likes

Listed .I am so sorry . My Fault . I am very distracted . Please forgive me . I have jumped into the PRO Pool and am thinking of a Surfer/Sailor Face with Tides and Wind etc . I am contemplating all the Conversions I can think of . The Amphibian is going to be a nice challenge . We could use the Gyro and Accelerometer to detect the transition to Wet .

1 Like

Thank you so much . I am not a mathematician . Everything I do is trial and error . it all takes ages and it is mostly about Butchering the Formulas that the Giants have left as a Crumb Trail to help us Grow . The trail is in this Community . There are some Trees growing in the Way but there is a Path .

2 Likes

What did I say… a new watchface will come out of this.

2 Likes