What do you prefer to create? Digital or Analog?

I do both, but more and more digital faces. I feel digital concepts offer me more freedom in being original, creative, more challenging. In any case, I think that animated faces show the biggest difference compared to the watches we know. Especially when used indoor, at night. In daylight, I like to wear my Rado or Pequinet, real watches.

1 Like

I have a good mix of both and I like Analog

Analogue for me (and anyone else who wants them), digital for the masses.

1 Like

It all depends on the picture I’m putting it on

3 Likes

good-answer-great

1 Like

True!!!

2 Likes

I’ve only just started making my own faces but I don’t think analogue works on a screen face. Never have. It looks false, even with shadowing and shading for the moving parts. Creating a pseudo-analogue copy face of a Tag or a Breitling is a nice hat tip to the original but I don’t like them. Leave the analogue for a traditional watch with genuine physical movement and embrace the digital for the screens. In my opinion. And opinions are like arseholes of course :grinning:

3 Likes

The Delight of a Smart Watch for me is I can Have what I want . I would not like to sit down and make a Mechanical Watch at Home . I like a Hybrid With Moon and Sun shown Analogue since they Are . Sun and Moon stuff does not Really work Digitally .

1 Like

To have a realistic analogue watchface on their smartwatch is not the reason that in my opinion most designers in this community have, rather it is the pleasure and exercising the skill involved in making them! Hardly anyone here makes copies. Don’t get me wrong I like digital but many many people enjoy analogue watches (how many Swiss made digital watches are there?). I believe it will be many years before digital watches become the norm - if at all. I actually use my smartwatch mainly for other things only use it to tell the time a few times during the day! Like you sort of suggest- it’s every man to his own!

3 Likes