What happens when I updated the design of my watchface?

I know there are people who have already synced a few of my watchfaces, but I did make some adjustments to some of them, so this has me asking, what happens when I updated them? Did it automatically update it by itself, or does it need to be re-synced to update the watchface to it’s latest changes?

1 Like

In creator you have to push the Update Button and go through the Publication Process again. The Description and Tags will be there. But you will have to check the permissions . In you Profile listing you will see a little Pencil Edit Icon. That means you have Edited a Publication but not Sent it out.

Get back to us if you are not sure.

I always send stuff out forgetting the AOD and have to work on it again. I have often Updated about 6 times.

Enjoy.

Good question this is something that I’ve wondered about too. I’ve updated all my faces at least once.

@RusselCresser, I think you might want to read the question again mate.

2 Likes

Hey @waynehardy66. I thought I had given a relevant response to the question. Sorry I feel really shitty today. I am trying to do a bit of community stuff because I can not get my head arround Making. Sorry if I missed the point but at the same time hope what I said might be useful to someone .

Sorry I wasn’t trying to be awkward or anything.

The answer you gave was good and will be helpful to some people. I’m always updating my faces and in the beginning I needed the info.

But, what happens to the faces that are updated and have already been sync’d previously? Will the end user have to re-sync the updated face?

1 Like

Unfortunately the user does not get notified if there is an update of your watch face.

2 Likes

Yes. There are no Auto Updates.

1 Like

I suspected that may have been the case.

2 Likes

Oh noes. Now they can see some imperfections and mistakes I did on the first release.

1 Like

No . An update overwrites the previous . It is just that the users Face on thier Watch Does not update Automatically .

1 Like

The users will need to resync the design in order to see the update.

2 Likes