What is with the Highest and Lowest temperature tags?

Hey!
So I’ve noticed that the #WTH# (highest) and #WTL# (lowest) don’t really show highest and lowest for that day, but rather it seems as if they were pointing at the temperature a couple hours before and ahead of Current… Can anyone shed some light on that please? Maybe It’s not highest and lowest and I’m just interpreting that wrong :confused:

Thanks a ton in advance :v:

I read something about this a long time ago but I can’t find the thread …

From memory the tags you mention might indicate the min and maximum temperatures that will occur today from this point forward. Does that align with what you are seeing?

I hope that helps.

Hey Mike, hope you’re doing okay.
No not really lol. If I look at the temperature now it says minimum 0C. If I look at it late afternoon it won’t be anywhere close to that, even though at night it definitely did get cold again… I really don’t get it.

So the minimum up until 12 midnight was warmer than zero?

Not up until, but rather it fluctuates almost as if the 3 readings (lowest, current and highest) were kind of like… ok here’s what the temperature was 2 hours ago… here’s the current, and here’s what it might be in 2 hours? It’s extremely odd.

When I wake up at around 6 am, the minimum this time of year is around -2 degrees. Right now it’s 3 pm and the “lowest” reading says 11C, which is complete bs :stuck_out_tongue: “lowest” what exactly

I looked up the OpenWeather API documentation for current min and current max ( see Current weather data - OpenWeatherMap )

• main.temp_min Minimum temperature at the moment. This is deviation from current temp that is possible for large cities and megalopolises geographically expanded (use these parameter optionally). Unit Default: Kelvin, Metric: Celsius, Imperial: Fahrenheit.
  • main.temp_max Maximum temperature at the moment. This is deviation from current temp that is possible for large cities and megalopolises geographically expanded (use these parameter optionally). Unit Default: Kelvin, Metric: Celsius, Imperial: Fahrenheit.

My interpretation of that is that these values describe the possible range of values about the current temperature ( ie. #WCT# )

That is, in any particular area, the current temperature is probably #WCT# but ( due to local variations within the relevant weather zone ) could be anywhere between #WTL# and #WTH#.

But I could be wrong :slight_smile:

1 Like

That makes sense then, I guess xD Thanks for looking into it. I didn’t know where the API pulled the data as to check for myself!

1 Like

You are welcome - hopefully it will explain what you are seeing.

1 Like