What's up with the sunrise/sunset tags?

Anyone else having trouble with sunrise and sunset tags not showing? I use this in a whole bunch of faces, and it seems for the last couple of days, folks are not getting sunrise/sunset info. It doesn’t work on mobile app, does work on desktop, works on my watch, but some folks are not seeing it. I’m wondering if it has something to do with North America changing the time over the weekend? Or the war?

1 Like

#WSUNSET24# shows me today 18:2
Samsung GW4
At least something.

2 Likes

I’ve been getting complaints about step count not showing. I’ve been telling everyone to restart their watch and it should fix the problem. I suspect that a lot of people have the new GW4 watch and it’s glitching on them from not being restarted. @rob.fisk Tipped me off to that, but for him it was happening with his new Fossil gen 6 watch. I think we should all tell anyone that has a glitch with a watch face we know we made correctly, we should tell them to restart first then mention to check their permissions. @rob.fisk said also that when his went into battery save mode it turned off Facer permissions and didn’t turn them back on.

2 Likes

What’s interesting for me is that they’re not working in the mobile app either. They did (as far as I know) right up to this weekend.

2 Likes

I was working on an analog watch face Sunday and when I put a 24-hour dial in one I always cycle through the whole day to make sure the hand lines up correctly. Sunday when I was doing it the hand would skip from 01 hours to 03 hours but wouldn’t do that for Saturday or Monday. I was about to report it to Facer as a glitch in the creator then when I was taking a screen shot of the time machine I noticed that it didn’t have all the hour numbers and I realized on time change day it jumps from 1 to 3 in the morning. DUH…Made me feel so stupid at that moment. I’m just glad I realized it before contacting Facer and made me really look stupid. :laughing:

2 Likes

I haven’t noticed any problems with sunset tags. In creator or on the watch it’s showing what it is supposed to.

1 Like

I had that problem with step count and heartbeat all day Tuesday. Nothing no matter how many times I synced or shut off or anything. Then after midnight Wednesday, my steps and heartbeat started showing.

Apple wanted a update on my phone and watch, but I did those Tuesday evening, even after that the elements didn’t update. I was just going to write it off to weird Tuesday. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I can’t figure it out. Only seems to affect a handful of people, and for me, just the mobile app view (works fine on my watch). Would be a shame to have to delete all the affected faces since they make up over 30,000 syncs between them, but if it becomes an ongoing problem, I guess I’ll have to.

1 Like

I’m having this issue. #DISDAYTIME# stays TRUE on the GW4 no matter what you do. Is there a work around for this?

1 Like

To get it to work on my GW4 in the opacity layer, I have to post the conditional without dollar signs:

works in editor, broken on watch: $#DISDAYTIME#=true?0:100$
broken in editor, but works on watch: #DISDAYTIME#=true?0:100

So I duplicated the layer, and have one of each, so that it works on the watch as well as the editor or other parts of the site.

1 Like

Those kinds of expressions work best with a double equals sign instead of just the one. I will have to experiment with leaving the $ off on my GW 4 watches. It’s a shame we can’t filter for the watch itself or for WearOS 3 or other versions. Would make life much simpler.

1 Like

I’ve tried it with ==true, ==1 as well as =true, =1 etc.

Makes no difference, but the moment I drop the $$ from it, it works on the watch. Odd?

2 Likes

I had to change the expression again since it didn’t work.

$(((#DH#)*60)+#Dm#)<(((#WSH#)*60)+#WSm#)&&(((#DH#)*60)+#Dm#)>(((#WRH#)*60)+#WRm#)?0:100$

It’s basically a manual way of checking for DISDAYTIME

1 Like

As on Ticwatch. #DISDAYTIME# does not work. Sometimes the Old way is Best.

1 Like

I’ve noticed that TicWatches are more “stupid” than other WearOS “smart” watches. I used to have two TicWatches that I used just for testing. (Not at the same time) Both of them died before they were a year old. Which makes me kind of leery of ever buying another one.

1 Like