Where have all the tags gone?

I have a question about something which I’ll raise in a separate post. While I was trying to figure it out I wanted to check the Facer reference document for the list of tags and the relevant examples. The tag list has disappeared - or maybe it has moved somewhere else? If anyone can help me find it I would be very happy…

1 Like

Here they are, they were moved some time ago.

1 Like

Thanks @masterboyhr for the quick response - the tag list is important to me as a new user even if it is mainly a list of ‘known unknowns’ for me!

1 Like

Play with it, step by step, it will be easier with every watchface you make.

1 Like

There are also a lot of new tags on that list that just got an update in the last few weeks. Including new time zone tags and new moon phase tags. I’m still trying to get caught up on all the new stuff.

1 Like

I’m honestly curious who needs those new tags??

“Distance to the Moon from Earth”,
“Current Lunation Number (e.g. 244). This is the number of Moon cycles since the first new Moon of the year 2000.”

Never in my life I needed that info. Why would I have it shown on the watchface?
Is there any logical explanation? Am I missing something?

1 Like

Those are for the creators who make their own moon phase or tidal style watchfaces. The moon phase element has been off for the last few years, but it seems like they have adjusted it with the new moon tags so that it works correctly now. It’s my understanding on the moon phase when figuring out the expression, the new tags have made the expression much shorter since they don’t have to include all the math for the movement of the moon. It doesn’t change how I do things at all.

2 Likes

Thanks.

If you make a watchface with those tags, please leave a link here, I’d really like to see it.

2 Likes

I highly doubt if I will ever go to that length for a watchface. It will be one of the Big Guns of Facer expression math to do something like that.

1 Like

I have made a few tests with the New Moon Tags. There is a significant difference if you are using the classic creccent Windiw and others. If you just use the named Phases you will probably not see any Difference.

Check out the Formulas on this one. If you are still intrested I will post the others here.

1 Like

The only difference I see using inspection and running it fast through the timeline for each day, The bottom moon seems to move smoothly but the top one seems to “snap” to the next position. Or am I imagining that?!?

1 Like

There is a glitch in the Old Formula. It is worth copy and pasting them both to see the difference . I cobbled together the new ( smaller ) one . I can not even pretend I came up with the Old One.

1 Like