Why do so many faces show both analog and digital time?

Why do so many faces show both analog and digital time? With watch face space so limited, couldn’t the space devoted to showing the digital time on an analog face be put to better use?

1 Like

Hi @facer19 Good Community Name . If you are going for a Train or Bus in the UK you need Digital . If you want to know how long it is till tea time you need Analogue then you don’t have to do maths .

1 Like

If you want syncs, apparently it’s what you need to do.:smiley:

2 Likes

It seems now days that the younger generation likes the looks of analog but can only read digital.
Me, I’m an analog man.

2 Likes

I’m not the best designer here by a long shot, but I’m pretty much done with analog watches for the time being. None of my analogs, tourbillions, etc have ever gotten any traction here.

I gotta get those syncs man!

1 Like

This Topic is very Powerful. The strength comes fom a good Title and All that has been said so far is perfectly correct .
I like Analogue First so I ts a good job I am not a Sync. Hunter.
I can not be bothered to publish my Faces at the Right time to get in the Charts. I prefer to send them out when the Fresh Faces is Not Swamped. My Favourite Followers get to see them in thier Notifications., If they have stopped following the Partners that still get 4 or 5…

1 Like

I know exactly what you mean. Gotta have ALL that info on there even though you can’t see it. I have been doing more digital /info faces myself but still keep the analog alive.

I prefer analogue faces but all my top sync’d faces are digital only. I only have a couple of dual faces so maybe I’ll try more. As Russel says, I don’t usually push faces out when they can get in the charts, just as they are ready to be published.

2 Likes

Perhaps one day I’ll get over the novelty of getting a good amount of syncs for something I have made. How I wish I could get the privilege of actually trying to sell them. Alas, for now… It’s gotta be likes and syncs for just a little affirmation.

2 Likes

If it is just syncs you want make a couple of Apple Faeces . But remember the 15 min update Limitation .

I think you will find that to become a Partner you have to subscribe for a While but don’t Quote me . I think one of the problem is they have a few and they don’t get the sack . So we have to wait for them to Retire .
Ha Ha .

1 Like

Yeah, I’m still a newbie I know. I gotta say though, I think back in the day it must have been so much easier to become a partner. Just my opinion but some of the watch faces I have seen…yeesh! Why did I waste so much time with the other guys? I should have been here 3 years ago! :smiley:

2 Likes

@kirium0212

So I am promoting you to Contributor .

I see nothing about what you have in your Profile Collection that says Newbie to me .

I actually Personally think that , if there was a limit to the amount of faces one could publish a day the general level of excellence would Rise and you would be in with a Chance . Your Isometric Series is stunning . Many are not interested in so much work . Work like that will get attention . I would think it should get featured . I have been at it for over two years now and I have noticed a slow growth in my Followers and Syncs which I am delighted with . I often get comments from other makers on my Publications that is better than Sliced Bread .

When Facer makes an Open invitation to Become a Partner , Apply .

I don’t think they will be Head Hunting any More .

2 Likes

man…wow, too kind!

At the end of the day, I love doing this. I have done graphic design (as a hobby mostly) for over 20 years now and I am glad I can finally combine it with watches, which I have loved since forever. I’ll keep at it and wait for my shot. That’s all you can do here anyway.

2 Likes

I know I’ve been doing this for only a few months but I did submit a request to Facer. Not really to become a partner just yet but to look over some faces I haven’t published yet. I would like to get some input on how I am doing and what they think of my work thus far. No response as of yet. I’ve had a couple published faces do really well in my opinion.

1 Like

You certainly have a good number of Faces and Followers for a Few months work. Keep it up. Sadly I think the Team at Little Labs are Far too busy to offer a personal appraisal of people’s work. You know that the Wearers are the judge. It is a Fickle Crowd. You have to use your own stats as they grow to judge what is liked and synced best. Happy Sync Hunting.

1 Like