Why no Moon Opacity?

So, any ideas why there is no opacity control for the stock moon phase layer? I have a workaround but it should be included in an update.

2 Likes

There is also no opacity setting for the weather icons. The only way to remove them is to slide them off screen when you don’t want them. It’s an all or nothing deal.

4 Likes

Very good and valid question-- I wondered the same about the weather icons.

In my case though, I needed to control weather icon opacity to only fade it down, not to disappear it completely. Ended up adding a layer above it with a patch covering the icon, made of the same color/texture/etc as the area right under it, and controlling the patch’s opacity. Not elegant, but functional.

4 Likes

@mrantisocialguy @mrantisocialguy
Ya, I created a block same as the background to remove 100%. I’ve known about the weather icon issue and have done the same or changed the color shade to appear less strong. The things we have to do !!

2 Likes

Lots and lots of this: :roll_eyes: :crazy_face: :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I think Facer provide the Moon Phase and Weather Gadgets as a Starter for those embarking on thier making journey. The weather Icons in my opinion are all over the place. eg Mist. Makers soon get into putting up thier own Images for both and finding miraculous ways of animating them having all the options for image manipulation.
The one that has me stumped is the Sequences. Still a few things to sort out there.

As MAG said there is always Exit Stage Left.

2 Likes

What has you stumped with sequences?

1 Like

Well Opacity Mainly. The Triggering is impossible to simulate on anything but a watch. Frame limit. It is not made clear that the sequence can be run for mor than 3 seconds. So it could make a nice slide show. Still all good fun.

Hmm… you got me curious… so I just ran a test of 9 image slides counting from 1 to 9. The “duration” slider was initially maxed out at 3s, but from the layer properties I pushed it to 9s. On my GW1 and GW4 it does seem to take 9 seconds.

2 Likes

Yeah Nice test . I don’t think there is a limit on the duration of a sequence . Like a lot of stuff on facer tit is to get you started easily . Ha Ha . I note that There is no limit to the number of steps your watch can record . just the Simulator Slider on Facer Limits you to 10k . I am doing something at the moment to log 20k steps . The only wat to test it will be to go for a walk . Or Get someone else to do it .

Note . I am looking at your test on My Laptop ( Facer Web Site ) I see that your animation and the seconds displayed are not in sync . I know you did not time it like that . I will Have a look . This is one of my Niggles . But I understand these things are very difficult to Simulate in Java Script or Whatever .

1 Like

Seconds are in sync my friend, I’m guessing you’re looking at the 1-9 count, which is the 9 second speed setting :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah I see that. The animation @kourosh said was 9 seconds so it should at least sync with the ticks. I will make a test with 10 frames to show you what I mean. It is not a problem on a watch just the Java Script Simulator .

Here is a 20 second test with the trigger on Sync .
Animation is Black on Grey.
I suspect it will not show .
Case in Point .
So it seems to work

Shame there is no tie up with the Seconds but it seems to be in sync.
And So does the one @kourosh made just need a bit more looking at .

My Profound Apologies for steering Off Topic .

Whenever I need to test for over 10k steps I substitute (#ZSC#*2) and it automatically doubles the step count on the slider. But I don’t find the need to do that often.

2 Likes

Oh thank you. I like to think I have logical mind. Trial and Error is not Logic. Ha Ha. I use #DWFHS# on the Time Mschine Slider for testing a lot of stuff. Thanks again for that. In you opinion is 20k steps enough for a sensible max. You are not going to use a Facer Face to log a Marathon.

2 Likes

Considering that 10K steps is roughly 4.5 miles or 7.5 KM I would say that is enough, but you can always change the #ZSC# to x3, x4 or x9 for that matter. X4 would end up being 40k steps appx 18 miles or 30KM. It’s just a “Whatever floats your boat” exercise. :grin:

1 Like

My Daughter does her exercise in a Boat :laughing: :rofl: . She uses Strava . I think if anyone is that serious they will not be looking a a Face I came up with to monitor their Sport. . I am enjoying this . I think what will look like a bit of a Joke Face is getting a bit serious now . I like the Idea of a 24hrs Calorie count so that is a bit of fun if not Realistic .

1 Like

@russellcresser Ya but sometimes your focus is on something else requiring a bunch of layers and you may just want a simple weather icon and moon icon without adding 20 more layers. Just because we can do something another way does not excuse a simple opacity setting being offered on all layers imo

3 Likes

I agree.

Making circles on your belly with your right hand while making circles on top of your head all while hopping on your right leg and reciting the alphabet backwards – just to control icon opacity – is all sorts of extra work the Facer app and your watch hardware have to do, when a simple and direct opacity control simplifies our lives, and removes an unnecessary burden from the app and the watch CPU.

4 Likes

@thomasfmal I completely agree with you. When Facer Invite us to make suggestions on how to Improve everything we must remember to Fag it up. I have sent Facer severs messages about the fact that the Icon for Mist is very wrong on The Weather Gadget. The Current weather always makes me giggle a little. A Forecast is more usefull. In which case you have to make 9 new layers for each any way. It is obviously a technical problem with the coding. It is Intresting that Sequences , Moon Phase and the Weather Gadget are about multiple images and non of them can have thier Opacity Changed . I am sure someone who knows Tons about Java Script can tell us why it is impossible. ENJOY.

2 Likes

@kourosh. There are some for whom what is under the Bonnet (Hood) is as important as what you see on the display . Just Because . But I would pay good money to see the Exersixe you outlined. :rofl::slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes