[WiP] Pinup FUN

A few years ago we wrapped this vehicle very elaborately for testing and advertising purposes.

The pinup in particular was very well received.
When I started doing the faces here, I was asked if I could process with one or more of my pinups.
now it is time…

I’m excited to see what comes of it.

Suggestions and tips are always welcome.

8 Likes

Looks brilliant, maybe add a shimmering effect to the water :thinking:

1 Like

Go digital. Please do not spoil the picture. Digital in the style of your 05 would be stunning. Especialy big hour small minute which seems to be the trend. Get an outline font rather than using stroke. It is no good on a lot of Watches. A red drop shadow would tell the story. You could always have an Analogue off center. But don’t have anthing going over her.

2 Likes

Yeah what he said.

1 Like

I won’t put anything on the pin-up, don’t worry…
with digital i’m afraid that the font will be too small for me.
My Gen5 has the 36mm display.
That’s not big.
plus my old eyes…

I still have no idea how to do this so that I can read it without problems.

the 05 is not a font.
this is just a drawing…

2 Likes

How about this: If you go analog, then when the hands hit the pinup, make them transparent to a certain degree. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I like this idea, and to do it, I would actually keep the hands fully opaque, but add semi transparent copy of the pinup above them, so no calculations would be needed.

4 Likes

There will be fonts about like that. But I think Peter @petruuccios has come up with a brilliant Idea. If you ever need help with Formulas there are many who would love to help. I see in Facer there are two Camps. One is with Strong Graphics and the other Gadget Freaks. :slightly_smiling_face::rofl:

4 Likes

that’s really a great idea.
this is how I will implement it.
Then I can also try other crazy things.

3 Likes

Looking forward to seeing how this one goes

2 Likes

BTW The effective Display Diameter of my Galaxy Active is 28mm. Advertised as 40. That is why most of my faces bleed to black on the edge and my Text and Numerals are a Bit Big. I like to read the Time in the Night. Probablty why I stick to Basic Analogue Hands.

1 Like

small find

513EUpbJBHL.AC_SY580

2 Likes

Glad to see the Both have Red Hair.

1 Like

I prepared simple font based on that image. Sorry I could not resist to try it :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

My My. When they say Jump Peter does not even say How High. Wow that is amazing. It is a Privilage to have come across this community.

1 Like

I just dusted off my play with those font bricks when there was a question in other thread.

2 Likes

So does that mean you made two fonts today. I must get into that. Did you use an open source app.

I want to show you my crazy idea in its raw state.
This additional visor will subsequently display the battery.
It is drawn in such a way that you could theoretically turn it on the outer ring and then move it in the area of the swivel arms.

I still have to draw the correct optics and the joints of the swivel arms.
But I think you can see what it might look like.

2 Likes

Now the linkage with hinges is finished.
All the metal effects come at the end…

2 Likes

I look forward to see that running . I can not imagine how the linkages will move .