Work around for galaxy watch 4

I have been scratching my head to try resolve lagging and other compatibility issues with the GW4 and Facer. I would be a bit of a tech head and I did a bit of work with the dump file and changed some coding on the wearable OS app and this didn’t work. So a quick resolution to the issue and a good work around was to choose the fossil q venture as I found this watch works 100% no lag issues works a charm weather heart rate steps etc all work on any watch face I tried. Hope this helps all the GW4 owners. Peace and hope to you all. :wink:

5 Likes

I have a Fossil Carlyle that I wear and a Fossil Q Explorist that I use for testing only. I also have a Galaxy 1 watch and a Galaxy S3 Frontier. I would love to have the new Galaxy watch 4, but I’m waiting until it’s been out long enough that Samsung has all the bugs fixed. I quit being an “early adopter” years ago.

1 Like

I do not have the GW4, but if I considered to get one, what did you mean? Should I rather get Samsung back to store and exchange it for Fossil?

1 Like

The only problem I see with this “solution” is the fact that the Fossil watches are not running WearOS 3 yet. The Galaxy 4 is the only one running it right now. So actually no one has solved the issue, they have just avoided the issue. Next year when Fossil, TicWatch and other watch makers are running WearOS 3, then we will find out for sure if it’s a Samsung issue or a WearOS 3 issue. I’m betting it’s WearOS personally.

3 Likes

I just bought me 4 and so far no Issues here

2 Likes

That’s great news, pleased for you my friend :+1:

1 Like

Hi @karinkaiser1967
Glad for you, it seems that you are one of the lucky few.
For my part I do not trust and will wait a very long time

1 Like

Hi. I have the GW4 for 3 weeks now. No problems, no issues, the faces I create work like a charm. I’m super thrilled with it. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You should revise that the GW4 is the only watch running WaerOS3 and @Facer_Official should be made aware of any discrepencied so that they can be resolved for the GW4 and future WearOs3 watches.

1 Like

I’ve now had my Galaxy Watch 4 about a month. So far, I have not had any issues with Facer working on it. I have more problems with my Gear S3 Frontier and original Galaxy watch running Facer than I do the new GW4.

5 Likes

I had my Galaxy 4 Watch for maybe 3 to 4 Months now and No Issues what so ever

3 Likes

Thumbs Up Gif 01

2 Likes