World time continuing saga

So, thanks to all those who helped me get my world time working. Working it is, but…
I’m using the #DUHZ# tag, which as I understand it, should give me leading zeros. But it isn’t. Can anyone help me figure out why? I have enabled inspector mode for this now… world time layers are below the minute hand… starting WT. There are currently five of them.

Link would help right…

I had the same problem on a watch face I recently made, and after messing around with it a bit, I just ended up using the following expression for the hours. It is freindly for both 12 and 24 hour formats, whichever the user’s face is set to.

(floor(#Db#/10))(#Db#-((floor(#Db#/10))*10))

Where the 10s digit is:
(floor(#Db#/10))
and the 1s digit is:
(#Db#-((floor(#Db#/10))*10))

If we apply this to your face, in say the Tokyo +9 expression:

Old:
$(#DUHZ#+9)>=24?(#DUHZ#-15):(#DUHZ#+9)$:#DUmZ#

New:
((((floor(#Db#/10)))*10)+(#Db#-((floor(#Db#/10))*10)))+9))>=24?(((((floor(#Db#/10)))*10)+(#Db#-((floor(#Db#/10))*10)))+9))-15):(((floor(#Db#/10))(#Db#-((floor(#Db#/10))*10)))+9)$:(#DUmZ#)

update: I think I made a mistake in the conditional statement result, and fixed it.

2 Likes

Thanks. I can’t get Facer to respond at the moment (it won’t save anything or send to my watch), so I’ll try this tomorrow. Is the change from #DUHZ# to #Db# important? I need it to stick with UTC as its base.

Hmm, good point. #Db# is user local time, not UTC, so yeah, guess that won’t work. I guess substitute #DUb# for #Db# in the above expressions & that should do it. #DUb# is the UTC version of #Db#.

Looking nice!
One detail: you still apply the different shadows to the hands when they are parked at 12. One would probably never notice it when wearing the watch, but when fast forwarding it you can see the shadows swap around.

My face was stuck, but I’ve finally got it unstuck, so I can work on this again. Still can’t get it to work though. I tried your expression which gave no result at all. I changed it but it still doesn’t give me what I’m looking for. I can add the formula to a basic tag, but I can’t figure out how to add it into this formula when I can’t nest expressions. Honestly, I want the thing to do 24hr clock so I don’t have to add the whole AM/PM thing into the complication, but regardless of what I use as my hour tag, I can’t figure out how to get it to do all it needs to do without nesting. It needs to… check whether the hour result (UTC +/- a predetermined amount) is over 24 (for +)/under 0 (for -)… if so, take off 24/add 24, then check to see if the result is under 10. If it is, add a leading 0. Otherwise, just do UTC +/- the predetermined amount.

Split it in layers, one with leading zeros and one without. Put the rest of the expression in the opacity field. If you need more conditions to show it you can also add expressions to the x and y and put a field out of screen (for example a field with x=160):
$some condition?160:-1000$

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll give the layers a go. This seemed like such a simple ask since the tags are already there. If I have to use the x/y fields for more, I think its time to pack it in. :slight_smile: